CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > Pan with arrow keys.

Pan with arrow keys.

Subscribe Topic

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 6

Pan with arrow keys.
19-08-2010 08:54 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hello ZW Peeps.
I am currently trialling ZWCAD 2010. (It's great and truly looks like the one we will buy.)
I would like to know if I am missing something. Is my setup having issues, or is this function not integrated into this particular program/version?
When creating new viewports in the layout tabs, I like to use the arrow keys to navigate around the viewport. It makes it easier to "line up"different views of the same assemblies (in the same scale) in separate viewports, on the same page. (by copying the elevation view to directly above then activating it and "panning up" to the plan view.)
Alas it seems I cannot do this with this software. Given all the other extra features ZW has over other non-autoCAD packages it is still the best option I reckon. But, to pan with the arrow keys would be like cream on top..!

Any advise on this would be appreciated. TIA.

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 6

Pan with arrow keys.
Dear Damo,

I'm sorry that ZWCAD doesn't support to pan with arrow keys on keyboard in layout tab. Because the Up arrow are defined as call the last function.
And I tried in AutoCAD, it's the same. Can you do these in other CAD? Thanks for you infomation!

OldForumPost

Message 3 of 6

Pan with arrow keys.
Daniel
Thanks for your response. Honestly I've had only limited experience with AutoCAD. (Played with it. But, never at/for work printouts) So I cannot say too much in regards to that particular software.
That said I have been using IntelliCAD based stuff for quite some time. As far as I know most of the different IntelliCAD based releases have this feature.
For instance .. CADopia 8, CMS IntelliCAD 6.6, and AccelliCAD 2010 all use the arrow keys to pan around the drawing in modelspace and layout tabs. (I've been trialling them)

Hmmm. Just tried BricsCAD and it doesn't !?! No matter, Wasn't about to buy it anyway. That's like settling for second best.Tongue

Even so, don't we agree that this would be an excellent improvement. Wink

Is it possible to integrate this feature into future releases? (I hope so)

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 6

Pan with arrow keys.
Dear Damo,

Thank you so much for giving us these infomation. Actually there were some customers talking about using keyboard to pan in ZWCAD.
So I will try to feedback this demand and see if there will be any plan on this.
For any further infomation, I'll keep you in touch.

OldForumPost

Message 5 of 6

Pan with arrow keys.

I will try to feedback this demand and see if there will be any plan on this.

Awesome Wink Thank you..!

OldForumPost

Message 6 of 6

Pan with arrow keys.
you're welcome, Damo~Smile

And I've just got the confirmation from R&D, the ID for this new feature is 13226, you can keep it for further inquiry.Daniel2010-08-19 15:19:10
See also
X