Superscript Fonts

Subscribe Topic

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 6

19-03-2011 04:36 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Do ZWCad has super script fonts, for example 'm2', the '2' after 'm' is small in size and at the 'm' upper right corner. I use the super script font from autocad in the ZWCad, the '2' is at upper right of 'm' but the size is same as the character 'm', in autocad it appear half of the size of character 'm'. Thank you.

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 6

Superscript Fonts
20-03-2011 08:32 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Dear g2rd,

I think you are talking about Stack function of text. Yes, ZWCAD support this upperscript text, you can input "m2^" in Mtext, then select "2^" and click the "Stack" button on Mtext editor (the button looks like "b/a"), then you will see the "2" is going upper right of "m".

Then select the "2" and double click on it, you will see the Stack Style Box, here you can adjust the size of the upper/down text to 50%, the default is 70%.

Kuldeep Bisht

Message 3 of 6

Superscript Fonts
Daniel is right. you should go by selecting "2^" and then by "stack". i am not an expert buy tried this.

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 6

22-03-2011 04:50 . am   |   View his/her posts only

Dear g2rd,

I think you are talking about Stack function of text. Yes, ZWCAD support this upperscript text, you can input "m2^" in Mtext, then select "2^" and click the "Stack" button on Mtext editor (the button looks like "b/a"), then you will see the "2" is going upper right of "m".

Then select the "2" and double click on it, you will see the Stack Style Box, here you can adjust the size of the upper/down text to 50%, the default is 70%.

Actually, I am talking about the shx file, in autocad, when I type 20m[2], it will display as 20m2 where the '2' after the 'm' is at the upper right of 'm' and is half the size 'm'. In this shx file autocad use '[' to mark the start of upperscript, and ']' to mark the end of upperscript.
Anyway, thank for reply. I will try to do with the method suggest. Thank you.

Lyssa Gale

Message 5 of 6

Superscript Fonts

Hi

The AutoCAD SHX fonts have limited superscript and subscript capabilities. However, it is relatively easy to modify shape definition files to improve superscript and subscript capability.

Creating superscripts and subscripts requires two steps. First, the

OldForumPost

Message 6 of 6

Superscript Fonts
hi lyssagale12Yes, my superscript and subscript follow exactly what you stated. It work for autocad but work partially only for ZWCad. I said partially because the superscript?did not scale down in ZWCad. Recently I download a trial version of GXXX and found the superscript work for GXXX. I hope ZWCad can patch this bug. Even though I can achieve the same effect using MText, but it is overkill and trouble some. Thank you.

Jenny2011-08-17 22:35:23
See also
X