CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > Unlock Layer

Subscribe Topic

MARIN

Message 1 of 2

Unlock Layer
27-04-2011 01:45 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Choosing "Unlock Layer" from "ET: Layers" toolbar'
opens a window with a list of layers and I have to choose by name, one layer from list.

It would be much easier and quicker to let me pick the layer from drawing instead of choosing it from list
(as done in "Lock layer", "Freeze layer" etc) from the same tool bar.)

We have drawings with many many layer, some of them created by others and is difficult to choose by name, which it happens I don't know because it was not created by me .

Marin

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 2

Unlock Layer
27-04-2011 01:45 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Dear Marin,

Actully, users can directly use the layer drop-down list and click on the "Lock" icon to lock or unlock any layer. But just considering some clients may have a lot of layers in drawing, which cause it unconvenient to explore the whole layer llist and do lock/unlock operation, so we made this Express Tools, it lists out only the LOCKED layers for users to easily pick and unlock.

So, if you want to pick the layer from drawing to unlock, I suggest you can directly unlock it from the drop-down layer list .
If you want to unlock layer by picking object, I suggest you firstly confirm which layer you need to operate, by selecting the object and see its layer name on the drop-down list. Then use the Layer Unlock function to unlock the corresponding layer.

Anyway, I do agree it will be more convenient if uses can unlock layer by selecting an object directly. So I will forward it to the R&D for evaluation and decide whether we need to imporve it. Thanks for your warm suggestion!
See also
X