CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > crashes, slow, multi-leader scaling

crashes, slow, multi-leader scaling

Subscribe Topic

Dean

Message 1 of 4

crashes, slow, multi-leader scaling
19-09-2011 04:58 . am   |   View his/her posts only
I just started working on my first full drawing with 2011 pro and have had several crashes. Sometimes I can recover the drawing but not always.

Slow:

Slow cursor, slow paper to model space in view-port, very slow from paper space to model space.

Crashes:
  1. locked up in paper space trying to switch back to model space
  2. using hatches in model space
  3. randomly while just drawing
It got worse as the drawing got bigger. After several hours it crashes every few minutes.

AutoCAD 2010 runs with any problems.

Multileader scaling:

I can't find anywhere to change multileader scaling. Multileaders are paperspace sized. Where are the settings located?

Thanks.

Window 7 pro
4 gig ram
1 terra harddrives
NVidia GE Force GX 260
AMD Phenom II X2 550

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 4

19-09-2011 04:58 . am   |   View his/her posts only
hi deang ,

For the 3 problems you mentioned.

1. Slow from paper space to model space
Did this problem happen to a special drawing? Would you mind attaching the drawing here to let me testing?

2. For the crash problem, it may happen for some reason, would you please attach the crash report for us to analyse. You can also email to crashreport@zwcad.com.

3. For the multileader scaling, you can use scale command for scaling. Jenny2011-09-19 04:59:04

Dean

Message 3 of 4

19-09-2011 05:52 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
As you can see I posted this 9 days ago and yours is the first response. I also sent in the crash reports by email (original responding salesperson), on-line support request and voice mail 7 days ago.

Not one response! That's really bad service.

1. There are no special drawings. The drawing was done from scratch, nothing but the program. I've found its exceptionally slow opening any text modification and just slow switching from model and layouts (paper to model and back).

Where should I send the drawing?

2. Done already. Do you want them again/also?

3. You mean I can't chose to modify multileaders like dimensions are modified in properties? Do you mean I'd need to pick each one, chose the arrow head (to keep them in place) and then scale each one individually? Or do you mean I've missed the scale command for multileaders that allows me to change scales, just like dimensions in properties, in a group or individually? Also, I can find a simple way to modify create or modify multileaders easily without calculating and then changing the text size, the arrow head size and the gap size individually per multileader the multileader style manager.

It seems the styles I make only stay with an individual drawing and don't become part of any new drawing. Is this correct? If so, is there anyway to save them for use in all drawings new or old?

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 4

22-09-2011 02:25 . am   |   View his/her posts only
[QUOTE=deang] I've found its exceptionally slow opening any text modification and just slow switching from model and layouts (paper to model and back).Where should I send the drawing?
dear deang, could you make a video or screenshot to show this problem, because this problem didn't happen on my side, and we never receive this kind of feedback, I think it may happen for some special situation.

[QUOTE=deang]2. Done already.?Do you want them again/also?? Just send to crashreport@zwcad.com is OK.

[QUOTE=deang]It seems the styles I make only stay with an individual drawing and don't become part of any new drawing. Is this correct? If so, is there anyway to save them for use in all drawings new or old?

You can save that setting to a .dwt template file. Or copy one mleader which has the style you want and then paste into the new drawing, you can find its mleader style appear in Mleader Style dialog box.
Jenny2011-09-22 02:35:49
See also
X