CAD/CAM discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > Native tongue demo or English one ?

Native tongue demo or English one ?

Subscribe Topic

Alomphega

Message 1 of 4

Native tongue demo or English one ?
11-06-2012 05:48 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hello all,

I am trying to find the good solid 3D software choice for me as a small independant inventor,
so I am now taking a look at this amazing ZW3D software.

But before I begin to learn it with inside tutorials, I would like to ask you on the best option :
as my native tongue is French, I downloaded the French ZW3D version,
but the tutorials and the help stays in English,
so I prefer to test it in English tongue because it is far more easier than translating French-English-French each menu item...

So my question : is it possible to install and use without any problem an English version within a French Windows 64bits OS ?
(in other words : will I find some trouble while using English version within my French operating system ?)

Thank you very much for your time reading me,
Best regards,
Guy

Paul

Message 2 of 4

12-06-2012 03:21 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Guy,
I am a small independent operator and have been using Z3/VX for at least 7 years. I cannot answer your language questions. But as someone in a similar role I offer some small comments.

Do you have previous 3D experience?
What kind of work do you do? Single parts, curvie stuff, large assemblies, molded parts etc?

I use Z3 for cast parts and typically do top down assemblies, one part drives some of subsequent parts. Most of my work is castings, some turned and most have machining later.

The hybrid modelling capability is very flexible, being able to use wire, surface, solid without restrictions. That for me is the most endearing part of Z3.

Then there is the price and cost of ownership.

Cheers - Paul (New Zealand)

Alomphega

Message 3 of 4

12-06-2012 03:55 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi,

Tx for your comment Paul, I seem to agree about the zw3d qualities.
But my question was just to know which version to install between the English or the French to take a look at the demo...

Well, as I finally installed and opened both versions I answer myself to my question because it could be helping for other people :

The English version is the one you could install to use the demo, as the English tutorials and help are more convenient within the English interface.

Kind regards,
Guy

Colin

Manager

Message 4 of 4

13-06-2012 05:27 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi, Guy

Yes, you could install different language versions in the same computer without any conflict, of course, it works in both of 32 bit and 64 bit systems.

Best regards
Colin
See also
X