Message 1 of 8
I downloaded the newly released ZWCAD+ and tested it a bit. I'm still at customizing interface and migrating tool palletes from Autocad to Zwcad, which will take some time since I never migrated them to Zwcad2012 because of 2012's poor tool palletes possibilities.
Again, thanks for a lot of new options and improovements. I can't say anything about speed because my virtual Win XP isn't set to be very fast :).
So - here are the bad things i noticed. Everything is tested with Classic mode, because un-customizable ribbon is useless to me.
1. Still some random crashes. Like I said, I haven't been working a lot, only customizing, and Zwcad+ crashes randomly while customizing tool palletes, toolbars, ... Can't really be reproduced because when you restart zwcad+ the thing you tried last time, goes normally then.
2. Where is the JOIN command gone? I don't use it a lot, but I saw that some button is missing and can't understand why join :S.
3. There is no button to disable DYN. zwcmdline set to 0 solves this, but can't understand why this was a problem to add.
4. There is no natural way to customize menus or add custom menus. It can easily be done by editing the menu file and with a little registy tweak, so please add this option :).
5. Tool palletes: You made a huge improovement in tool palletes, but some people don't need the build in tool palletes and they refuse to go away. If you delete them, they come back at next start. That can be fixed by editing the tool palletes control file, so maybe to add a tick button in customize-tool palletes to turn some palletes on and off instead of deleting them?
6. Tool palletes: Add text and add separator are missing. This two options were in 2012, please add them back.
7. Can't find a way to "lock" toolbars, docked or floating. Can't remember if that was possible in 2012 :S.
So much from me, for now :).
Hope you aren't mad that I checked a little bit "under the hood" for some options :).
Message 2 of 8
Message 3 of 8
4. menu customization will not be added (neither will aliases settings) because some internal programming issue. We will implement CUI system to customize interface (both Ribbon and Classic) next year. so please edit the ZWCAD.mnu and ZWCAD.pgp files to do so now.
5. I am using 2012.07.16(3997) this version. the tool palette can be delete normally. what is your version? Check it in VERNUM command
Message 4 of 8
Post Last Edit by filipv8882 at 2012-7-19 15:49
Reply 3# huangy8949
4. OK, everyone who wants to add custom menus can do that manually, no big thing. I edited the mns file and added a line to registry, couldn't make it with mnu file, and can't see what to edit in pgp :)
5. My version is 2012.07.14(3912), hmm, looks like I need to download again. This version I dowloaded on monday, just after release.
How should the patches come? As little service packs or a mayor instalation every time? Thanks
Message 5 of 8
Message 6 of 8
Message 7 of 8
Message 8 of 8
- autocad turn off the smart command
- combine two regions in autocad
- how to recover dwg files after crash
- How to Extend Objects in AUTOCAD
- cad for iphone
- autocad area calculation
- zw3d vs solidworks
- 2d drawing to 3d model
- drawing angles in autocad
- mechanical softwares free download
- autocad .bak viewer
- how to open dwg on mobile phone
- free dwg viewer
- how to open dwg on iphone