CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > ZWCAD license, Dongle or Softkey ?

ZWCAD license, Dongle or Softkey ?

Subscribe Topic

Bwana

Message 1 of 6

ZWCAD license, Dongle or Softkey ?
30-09-2012 02:06 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
I have a PC at the office and a laptop which travels with me. Both have ZW installed using the same licence. Currently I use the dongle. If I decide to switch to softkey, how do I activate my licence with softkey when I travel ?

Daniel

Message 2 of 6

09-10-2012 11:46 . am   |   View his/her posts only
If you want to travel with softkey, please return your license on your office PC, and then activate it on your laptop.

Internet access is required for both operation, but after activation, you don't need Internet for each use.

Bwana

Message 3 of 6

09-10-2012 12:10 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
And when I get back to the office, reverse the procedure to use the PC again ? Tomorrow morning, on the road with laptop, then repeat everything, just to reverse again tonight when I get back ....should I not rather keep the dongle then ?

Daniel

Message 4 of 6

09-10-2012 01:53 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Yes, when you get back, you have to reverse the procedure to use PC.

In your case, if you travel like this a lot, dongle might be a better choice for you.

Bwana

Message 5 of 6

09-10-2012 02:27 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Which begs the question what happens if the dongle gets damaged or worn out ? Will I have to buy ZWCad all over again at the full purchase price or will a new dongle , just the physical device, be made available. I can understand that if the dongle is lost (as opposed to damaged) then one will have to buy ZWCad again. But when the dameged dongle can be presented and handed back to a dealer, then one should be able to buy a new dongle for the price of the little stick only. True ??

Daniel

Message 6 of 6

09-10-2012 02:33 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Yes, it's true. You don't have to buy a whole new ZWCAD for a damaged dongle. For detailed information, you can contact local reseller.
See also
X