Message 1 of 6
First of all thank you for making an easy and free CAD software for the Ipad that supports annotation.
Since we are a small municipality in Sweden we are always looking for ways to slim our costs and organisation.
Because of this we have installed ZWCAD touch on an iPad for our planning director. That way he can have all the plans with him, when he goes to inspect any building or planning site.
But we have come across (so far) two problems.
1. The ability to connect to WEBDAV servers seems to not work as intended. When setting up a new server connection and press the plus sign (which I guess is the way to do it) we get no feedback and the connection is not saved. If we are making something wrong it would be nice to get an error code. We have tried with dav.dropbox.com that your example picture shows in appstore, and also a local variant (so we dont have to send all our sensitive data to dropbox servers in the US) OwnCloud. None seem to "stuck". Maybe make the connect to server interface more userfriendly with more info on what is going on?
2. Since we instead choose to import all drawings via iTunes instead so he have all plans with him, and if he does any changes he will use iTunes to get them back. BUT local files in ZWCAD touch does not support folders, which means that there are many dwg files lying in a big pile in the root folder. Maybe folders could be an upgrade for next version?
Once again, thank you for a nice app, and I tell you above info to make it even better and easy to use.
Message 2 of 6
Reply 1# info7338
Thanks so much for using our ZWCAD Touch App, and feedback your ideas. We hope it can really helps you and your colleagues.
1.To use Dropbox, you can use its WebDAV service via dropdav.com. Visit http://dropdav.com/ and register an new user, connect this account to you Dropbox account. Then open ZWCAD Touch on your iPad, and create a new WebDAV service, using this url: http://dav.dropdav.com/, and your username and password of dropdav.com.Then you can transmit files between iPad and Dropbox directly, and create file folders on you Dropbox.(You can also find detail instruction on dropdav.com). After creating the service, go back to the drawing folders, you will see a new web folder for this web service you just create.
Our next version will enhance cloud storage a lot to make it easier to use, and add some popular service directly.
2.To create file folder in local storage is not available now, butit's also our target for next update. So stay tuned! :)
Message 3 of 6
We want to use webdav servers of our choosing. For example i have a server at server.mydomain.com that has webdav on it. I can browse files just as i would an ftp server.
How do i connect to that?
Message 4 of 6
Hello, the Webdav service feature is still not mature in ZWCAD Touch, so we took it off from this new release. We will continue developing and fix some bugs, and provide this feature in a better way in future release.
Thanks for your feedback!
Message 5 of 6
Message 6 of 6
- cad for iphone
- mechanical engineering software free download
- autocad license error
- how to use mateirals in autocad 2013
- how to convert autocad bak file to dwg
- buy cad software
- cad corner blocks
- autocad license error
- cad mechanical
- mechanical softwares free download
- convert microstation to autocad
- zwcad 2009
- How to Create Region in AutoCAD
- 3d cad software
- drawing angles in autocad