CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > Unable to lock surrounding objects in Block editor

Unable to lock surrounding objects in Block editor

Subscribe Topic

georgi8503

Message 1 of 4

Unable to lock surrounding objects in Block editor
13-12-2012 05:04 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi All,

It seems there is a problem with one of the options in the block editor.
I would like to lock all objects which do no belong to a given block when trying to edit the same block. For that purpose I activate "lock objects not in working set" - this is in reference edit menu ->> Settings.
Yes, all surrounding objects are locked now but to a certain extend. I am not able to delete or move or copy them but when using "Match Properties tools" I can get the properties from the block and to transfer them to the surrounding objects.

Test.JPG
2012-12-13 16:46

Here is my workflow:

1. Create a simple block.
2. Enter into the block to edit it.
3. From the settings menu, activate "lock objects not in working set"
4. Select one of the lines belonging to the block.
5. Select "Match properties Tool"
6. Transfer the properties to an object "outside" the block.

I am not sure if this is a bug in the system or it is a matter of settings so I will be very pleased if you can help with an advice or workaround to solve the issue.

Thank you very much in advance.

PS.
I am using ZWCAD+ v2012,
The issue was tested in ZWCAD+ v2012 SP1 as well.

Daniel

Message 2 of 4

14-12-2012 09:39 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hello sir, thank you for your feedback, we will correct this issue ASAP.

BTW, only match properties has this problem, when you use other way to modify objects outside working set, they cannot be modified (locked)

georgi8503

Message 3 of 4

15-12-2012 01:57 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 2# huangy8949

Hi Daniel,
I have tested the issue again and can confirm that it is valid only for "match properties". It is not a critical problem but it would be good to find a solution or workaround of it. If you have any idea, please share.
Many thanks!

Matej

Message 4 of 4

17-06-2014 03:51 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi everybody.

I have got the same problem. The objects out of the block cannot be deleted or edited, but I can modify the properties of the elements for example I can´t delete the line but I can change the linetype and lineweight. It could be good to disapear all object out of the block, or really lock them.

Thanks a lot
See also
X