CAD/CAM discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > output list for tools

output list for tools

Subscribe Topic

cutter

Message 1 of 4

output list for tools
30-12-2012 02:03 . am   |   View his/her posts only
I have yet to find a way to output a simple list for tools to send with the cam plan. It insists on either an XML or HTM file which does not allow you to print just the tool list. So rather than get one page grayscale printing you get four color pages of stuff and no way I can find to do just the page you need. The way ZW handles this I can't get to the print output page for my printer to set grayscale either. In addition there is this huge mess created in output files where for a four tool operation the output file now grows from a CL and NC file to 26 separate items in this file for a single part. Now there is an XML editor with no instructions and you can figure out that you can suppress items one by one for output. I count 134 variables we are supposed to know what to do with and all I want is a simple list for tools, location on tool changer and the program number and description.

A logical way to approach this is to have this setup list exportable with the bare minimum information to set up a machine by and then if you need to add to it from this lengthy list. As it now is there is so much unneeded stuff it is ridiculous.

Is there a way to just export in a simple text file basic information to the machine operator? I can't find it.

Mirko

Assistant Engineer

Message 2 of 4

30-12-2012 05:02 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 1# cutter

It would be very nice, useful, fast, beautiful idea

John

Message 3 of 4

03-01-2013 11:28 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
I agree. I also use a very simple setup sheet.

William

Top Influencer

Message 4 of 4

06-01-2013 11:04 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Dear all, we received other similar requests before and in fact we ard working in this project. It's about the CAM process list which can be use for the CAM operator or the workshop of factory, it can guide the machining works. The template will more profesional and including the major the CAM informations, of course, it also can be print and customized base on company standard.

There are some parts can be achived in 2013 version, I hope that you can give us more suggestions about the fist version in 2013 so that we can keep improving.
See also
X