Subscribe Topic

george

Message 1 of 9

vx post
10-03-2005 10:37 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Does VX have its own post processor now? I am using IMS and would like to know more the VX post processor.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 2 of 9

10-03-2005 11:08 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi gjohn

VX always did have it's own Post Processor, FlexPost. We have now added another, VX Post, together with a selection of pre-configured posts for Fanuc, Haas, Siemens, Hurco and Fadal controllers. FlexPost is very powerful but is driven by a multitude of definition files that some will find a bit daunting. VX Post on the other hand has a slick, User friendly GUI. Simply load a pre-configured post and easily customise it to suit your specific controller.

So where is VX Post? The easiest thing to do is to set it up to launch from within VX. You can add an icon to your User Toolbar to do that, it is available on the Free Downloads web page:

FREE DOWNLOADS

george

Message 3 of 9

10-03-2005 11:15 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Is there any documentation for it?

I have to make programs that run on different machines and have different controllers, How easy is it to do this?

ChrisWard2k2

Message 4 of 9

10-03-2005 12:23 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi gjohn

I think ease of use should be judged by you and fellow customers. In my opinion, the GUI is logical and easy to understand. The program does not require reams of documentation. You can make programs to run on different controllers and CNCs, saving each with a meaningful name, you do not have to overwrite the ones that are provided. The first step is to fire it up and take a look at it.

Robert

Message 5 of 9

10-03-2005 12:41 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hey Folks,

Not taking anything away from Chris's response...

We are in the process of retiring FlexPost. We will replace it with the newly designed, easier-to-use and optimize VXPost.

Currently, VX Post is undergoing testing and implementation at a number of test sites.

We strongly advise not to invest any further effort with FlexPost.

george

Message 6 of 9

10-03-2005 02:42 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
When might VX post be coming out? I would rather post from VX than to have to make a cl file and bring it into another software just for posting.

If you are looking for feedback I wouldn't mind taking a look at it.

OldForumPost

Message 7 of 9

10-03-2005 03:09 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
George - let VX support know if you want to get the latest vx post

OldForumPost

Message 8 of 9

15-03-2005 06:16 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
I have a couple of issues with VxPost.
First, from the output document dialogue I get an "unable to open file filename.nc" error when I select G and M code. I can open the editor load my postprocessor and execute the .cl file to create the file that I need. It seems to me that this process should occur in the background when I select the G and M code button.
Second, the controller that we are writing for does not recognize files with .nc extensions. I tried changing the environment setting for the extension to .cnc but there was no change in results.
Am I missing something?

Robert

Message 9 of 9

16-03-2005 10:15 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Joe,

Please contact VX support in your region for this type of issue.

If you're in the US, Jim will be able to help you. In Europe, Chris Ward and if you're from Asia, then the folks at Machineware will provide the necessary support.

thanks,
See also
X