Message 1 of 13
1) With the great efforts of the development both in Guangzhou and Florida, the new User interface actually save a lot of mouse middle clicks, just take a simple example as follows, the software is just smartly select the input dialog, but it saves thousands of clicks of daily work.
2) There are a lot of built-in Styles, which are quite fashion like Office 2013 Style, i.e. Minimizing Ribbon feature to enlarge your working area, icon size change, etc. Those changes are based on the typical analysis to make eyes more convenient with daily design, the default style has been changed more than 10 times before the beta released, just simply make assure that the color style feels good enough. What's more, they are a lot of customer feedbacks involved in the UI change, i.e. the 'Minimize menu' helps customers a lot to get used to the Ribbons style gradually, the mutiple tab should be included, the huge screen resolution should be taken care with the larger icons, etc
Message 2 of 13
There are several days that test the beta and the new interface is much more laborious than before
The menus are too long
Continuous need to use the vertical bar
Menu hidden unnecessarily confuse
Things that many people have already written in the forum
That unanimous have rejected this interface
I wanted to ask if after this disagreement do you think of putting corrections or if the users must resign and get accustomed to this change
Message 3 of 13
Thanks for your feedback, what kind of menus are too long? for CAD or for CAM? I appreciate that if you can attach any example.
Just FYI, the CAM UI is still not finished, the menu is too long, some toolbar are hidden and difficult to find, we are fixing them.
Message 4 of 13
Reply 3# colinchuang2008
Hi Colin, you are taking a lot of shots about the UI.
I discover that actually you have built in multiple ways for people to do many tasks and many of us do not even see the hidden smarts. All this is good.
I think the issues with the UI is two fold.
One - it is new - again.
Two - It is not 100% consistent and does require a lot of eye and mouse movement.
So far, the more I use 2013 the more I like it, but the extra effort does frustrate.
So I think the task ahead is to refine and make sure the effort is reduced in everything.
Here is an example of inconsistency.
We have Draw, then Dimension in positions 1&2, then in 2013 Constraints in inserted between them which totally mucks up a learnt work flow.
Then there is the TOP and BOTTOM lottery. I understand why this was done, but it doesn't work because it is in consistent.
I also think this two window RMB is a bit awkward. For me I still find the icons lack real visual distinction. I have said before, Icons do not need ot be a picture of the task, just distinctive - people will learn them and are happy until you ask them to re learn a new one for the same thing - e.g. no net gain for the effort.
I like the way the last position of the constraints dialogue is remembered. That is nice.
How ever, the Insert Dimension Value dialogue is not doing this and always shows in the same old place. I do not know why it has to be seperate dialogue at all? Yes for editing but not for creation now we have the new Monster sized window.
Since the sketcher is the power house activity, i suggest the UI for this is really worked on to make it smooth and easy on the eyes and mouse hand.
Any reason the Dimension Edit dialogue is so BIG? We are only entering up to 5 digits on LH and maybe 3 on the RH of the decimal point.
Surely the dimension dialogue could be much smaller and pop up real close to or on the dimension being added/edited.
I would also like to see a 'Round to nearest whole number' button with it or the option for this to occur auto. A toggle in the dialogue would be cool. Most of the time I want to whole or stepped values when designing.
So size matters too ; Getting dialogues compact and consistent with work flow are critical processes. I do not understand why number entry windows are massively long, and everything is arrange vertically. Is this a limitation of the software?
None of this is big coding changes, just tweaks how things are arranged and behave. But most of all I want consistent behaviour and order across all occurrences.
Cheers - Paul
Message 5 of 13
Cheers - Paul;P
Message 6 of 13
Message 7 of 13
I see very good reason for the change.
ZW3D 2013 Undo/Redo is now where it needs to be. It no longer moves and Undo/Redo now matches other applications that use a ribbon bar.
CADCAM Technology Leaders group on LinkedIn
Message 8 of 13
"Getting dialogues compact and consistent with work flow are critical processes."
The answer is to get rid of dialogs that block the sketch, model, etc. and to use panels instead.
CADCAM Technology Leaders group on LinkedIn
Message 9 of 13
Thanks a lot for your advice.
1) Consistent UI It is huge important, currently, the Sketching environment and 2D Sheet environment are not consistent with the right-click menu. I think there are more stuff like that, I will have a 'consistent check', and assure that most of them could be fixed before the official release.
2) Insert dimension value , currently, it fixed to the specified location, agree with you, it should remember that last position like Constraint, thanks a lot.
3) UI icon improvement, in my opinion, it could be much better if we have different icon packs. For the small change of icons, I will try if we can do it before the official release or in the Service. Actually, design of the icons cost time.
4) Dimension editor, I agree with you, it should be smaller and allow changing size, it will be fixed before the official release. 'Round to nearest whole number' could be a nice option, I will see how to add it.
5) For the top tool bar, as Ribbons is the main interface, all of the menu features have been integrated to Ribbon tabs. Why the menu still keeping is just for users who get used to ZW3D 2012 and start to get used to the new version gradually. Therefore, the top toolbar has been move to the left.
Message 10 of 13
Thanks for your comments, that is what we have been working to provide the ease of use interface, still some more modifications will be added before the official release.
Message 11 of 13
Message 12 of 13
I'd like to remember that Zw is the only cad/cam for mold maker without WireEDM module .....
Have a good job.
Message 13 of 13
Thanks for your trust, we will continue to enhance the 2X Milling and 2X Turning. For WireEDM, I understand your concern and it is in higher priority. With more and more users are requesting kinds of enhancements, some of them will be developed by ZWSOFT, at the same time, we are open to collaborate with good technology providers to meet kinds of requests, and we can see more results this year.
- drawing angles in autocad
- set autosave in autocad
- mechanical software download
- where does autocad save to on windows 7
- how to open dwg on iphone
- dgn to dwg converter online
- How to convert Mtext to Text
- zwcad 2012 crack
- catia windows 8
- free dwf viewer
- cad/cam software download
- sheet metal design tips
- cad design software
- autocad commands
- how to open dwg on ipad