CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > Can't save dxf file when I open it on ZWCAD+ 2012 SP2

Can't save dxf file when I open it on ZWCAD+ 2012 SP2

Subscribe Topic

bella

Manager

Message 1 of 2

16-04-2013 04:35 . pm   |   View his/her posts only

Dear fellows,I have receiving some feedbacks on ZWCAD+ 2012 SP2 from Facebook.

This is quoted from a ZWCAD 2011 user, who has reflected the problems encountered when saving the DXF file.

DXF for me is a way to do "save as by objects selection". very important function to do separate drawing for 3d modeling (sketchup). but some problems to me on ZWCAD2012+ is:

1: if i saving dxf2010 or else previous version by BINARY format with Select Objects. I can't OPEN the dxf document when after i saved.

Popup :

"0Grd.dxf is not valid DXF file Invalid or incomplete DXF input -- drawing discarded."

I ONLY CAN USE ASCII code for my dxf document.

2: On 2011sp1, i tick BINARY format with Select Objects. When the 1st time i use(2011) till now 2013, First time setup only. i can always use my customize dxf saving options, and non-need to do re-setting the save-as options. But 2012sp i need to re-setting the option while after i close the ZWCAD2012sp2.

3: if 1st i select the objects. and i choose the dxf option of ASCII format with Select Objects. the scene will turnback into model mode again ask me select object again.
previously 2011 dont have these problem.

--- I have asked the user to send me the screenshot or the drawing if possible. Anyone can help?

Jenny

Super Moderator

Message 2 of 2

07-05-2013 11:18 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hello Bella,

For the first two issues: the DXF file which is saved as binary format can’t be opened. The previous DXF options haven’t been saved. These problems did happen, we will try to fix them. The problem ID is T6881. The user can get the latest information with this ID and no need to descript the problems again. Before the problem is solved, I suggest the user to use WBLOCK to save the selected object to a dwg file, and then import into sketch up, dwg is accepted by sketch up.

For the 3rd issue, it didn’t reproduce on my side. If it only happen with a special drawing, pls provide the drawing for us to test, if it happen to any drawing, it will be better to provide some video or screenshot to illustrate the problem.
See also
X