Message 1 of 4
Having a slight issue. I am trying to put a diamond pattern into a conveyor roll. I start by drawing the cuts i want to make on the end face of the roll, then i spiral sweep remove the cuts along the face, this works the way i want it to. Picture shows perfect results.
1st Revolve - Perfect
Next, i use exactly the same tool (revolve sweep) exactly the same sketch except this time i check the "revolve clockwise" button to revolve this the other way. The preview looks like this is going to work perfectly. Picture shows the preview looks good.
The problem is, once i click OK i get mixed results. Some of the roll is perfect and some of it is missing the pattern. Picture shows results.
Does anyone know what might be causing this or can anyone offer a way around this?
Thanks in advance for any replies. :P
Message 2 of 4
there is an explanation for the fail it if I am reading your process correctly. The second spiral features cuts though so the original feature is no longer complete - e.g the forming faces have chunk/s cut out it. In truth ZW3 is probably doing a good job. (failed for me)
Try making the spirals as bodies, then pattern, then subtract from cylinder.
You should be able to use the thread tool.
Message 3 of 4
Message 4 of 4
- text to mtext
- autosave autocad
- dwg cad
- how to open dwg on iphone
- copyclip command not allowed during reference editing
- autocad area calculation
- cad cam software download
- sheet metal design tips
- area calculator for irregular shapes
- mechanical design software free download
- how to find area of irregular shapes in autocad
- mechanical engineering software free download
- how to convert text to mtext in autocad
- using cad to work out area of a shape
- dgn converter