Mouse Buttons

Subscribe Topic

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 6

Mouse Buttons
08-07-2005 10:54 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Is there any way to reassign the mouse buttons. I would like to switch the middle mouse button with the right mouse button. I have gotten used to the defaults for VX, however, other software's uses the right mouse button for the accept (Enter) key, and I sometimes scroll the middle button accidentally when clicking to finish an operation and it changes the value of something just before it accepts it. I would like to try flip flopping those 2 buttons on my mouse and try it but am unable to find out how to do so. Thanks...TJ

ChrisWard2k2

Message 2 of 6

08-07-2005 01:29 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi TJ

There isn't an option in VX for this, but you might like to try the mouse driver. In WindowsXP, go to Control Panel, Mouse, Buttons tab.

OldForumPost

Message 3 of 6

08-07-2005 01:52 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Chris, Thanks for replying. I did try the windows settings and it does work. However, it also makes the other programs backwards. Thanks for your input though...TJ

ChrisWard2k2

Message 4 of 6

11-07-2005 06:49 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
.....you might like to take a look at the spaceball devices, they are a popular way to navigate 3D models and include programmable buttons too.

OldForumPost

Message 5 of 6

08-08-2005 04:44 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hey Chris,
I have a problem with my MS Trackball Explorer button assignments since installing V11.11.
I don't know if you are familiar with this device but the thumb operates an upper, lower, and wheel button. Top left and Top right buttons are opposite the trackball.

My button assignments are:
Lower button (thumb) = Click
Upper button (thumb) = Undo
Wheel Button (thumb) = Enter (scrolling the wheel activates dynamic zoom)
Top left button = Redo
Top right button = Right-click

Here is the problem. When selecting item for the different fields in the options forms the enter button(Wheel Button) is selecting(click) if anything is highlighting on the screen. This is leading to a lot of input errors for me. The only solution is to move the curser to the options form then het the enter button to advance to the next field.

My mouse setup worked just file on previous versions of VX. Any ideas where the problem is?

Thanks
Joe

ChrisWard2k2

Message 6 of 6

09-08-2005 05:56 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Joe

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this problem. Not that it is any comfort, but SpaceBall Users are also experiencing this with their programmable buttons. The problem is caused by an underlying change to how the GUI and Options Forms work (the most obvious is that VX is waiting for a middle-mouse click and will not accept a keyboard return instead, depending on which input field has the cursor focus). I understand that the Development team have a solution and will incorporate this fix in a future release.

For those Users that are really into short-cuts, the keyboard can also be programmed. To see the exact command name that you wish to use, type $Report into the VX's main input field. Now when you click on a command icon, the command name (plus every click and pick you make) will be in the report window. The surrounding text that you will see there "packages" the info ready for use with the VX Design Automation Language. For example, if you click the extrude icon (v11.21), you will find the command "wrapped" inside the VX DAL "Send" command thus: [vxSend,"!FtAllExt"]. Via the User/Customize Menu, you can assign the actual command to a keyboard key:

See also
X