Subscribe Topic

chris

Junior Engineer

Message 1 of 16

2013 fixes
13-05-2013 07:28 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
I thought that a update was going to be released to address some of the problems in 2013. Any updates on when?

davej

Assistant Engineer

Message 2 of 16

13-05-2013 11:35 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Chris,

This raises a question in regards to what I will call "notification of new releases"

The new version 17.05 came out about two weeks ago. April the 28th.

I'm a reseller so I knew it was coming out and got it the instant that it was available.

I don't see any automatic notification built into the normal install and if you go to the public Download Center on the website I see no mention of the new release.

???

Feel like I'm missing something (perhaps it's been delayed and I'm not aware of that) so I'm curious to get some feedback from users of this forum.

Mirko

Assistant Engineer

Message 3 of 16

14-05-2013 12:11 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 2# davej8835

The version is available in the download center , the redownloaded and something has changed, i don't know what why are my problems are still equal but something has been done, unfortunately, could not track of version number

chris

Junior Engineer

Message 4 of 16

14-05-2013 07:57 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Dave, Mirko
Thank you.
The version in the download section is a new version. I downloaded it and installed it and tried the equal length constraint and it worked allowing me to just select the lines.
It is aggravating that ZW said nothing about the corrected version, the only clue was a short paragraph urging the download of the latest version but nothing stating as to what version was the latest version or when it was available.

davej

Assistant Engineer

Message 5 of 16

14-05-2013 08:20 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 4# chris

I'm still struggling a bit over what I initially called "notification of new release".

The word that it was coming and was available slipped out to a few (likely through their reseller) but I would think that some combination of an email, automatic notification from the install, a check for updates menu choice, or something along those lines should be there. If none of that it should at least be clear in the Download Center that a new release is there. Another thing that I find confusing is that the file name for the new 17.05 install doesn't change from the initial install.

I will discuss this the appropriate ZWSOFT support staff.

Paul

Message 6 of 16

15-05-2013 07:42 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Guys,
because of my time zone, I think I was the first to download 1705.
I thought I had downloaded it earlier and posted to that effect only to discover I had downloaded 2012 SP1 in my haste so had to delete the post. A day or so later and 1705 is released un announced. Then I forgot to post about it as I mentions to a ZW staff that they should post on the forum as minimum. Someone in ZW needs a wakeup call as the release is an important update to remove a bunch of annoyances.

FYI. The 1705 install will update and keep any customisation changes you have made. It's quite slick which is a big improvement.
The most important thing is to make sure you have exported any drawing style changes. You will not want to loose those.
Cheers - Paul

chris

Junior Engineer

Message 7 of 16

15-05-2013 10:23 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Paul, I also was surprised that after deleting 2013 that the corrected version was changed to my original. Nice but does not excuse the fact that ZW did not inform the users. I just cannot understand why. we get emails about everything else why not things that are actually important.

Paul

Message 8 of 16

15-05-2013 06:37 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Chris I totally agree and am totally bewildered... is China on Holiday again?

Mirko

Assistant Engineer

Message 9 of 16

17-05-2013 04:06 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Post Last Edit by mirko72 at 2013-5-17 04:09

We are amazed, we understood the necessity of marketing of the forced release, but the lack of improvements in 2013 general manager root worsened in general is too large, not flowing with arrows from the keyboard you can adjust column position .... 2D much publicised by problems and has a manager innutile and confused in our opinion ,multi sheet that is not a multi sheet, export dxf,dwg moves cartouche,command break line is wrong as 2011 etcetera. Perhaps we have not got it right.
References in 3D too cumbersome and bedlam port, they certainly would not have understood then small improvements can be seen, but the program has always been the same problems as always, we were hoping for something more than a beautiful dress patched

Colin

Manager

Message 10 of 16

22-05-2013 10:57 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi, Mirko, Chris, Paul, Dave

I apologize for the late reply for the update info, V1705 was only a small update which fixed some specified problems. We are preparing big update SP1 in September, which will enhance the translator by upgrading to Transmaigc 10, and the most important is providing the 64 bit version. In case that some of the forum reader might not understand the advantage of the 64bit. The biggest advantage of 64bit will allow ZW3D to eliminate the 2.75G memory limitation, in another word, ZW3D will be able to open bigger files and working more smoothly, I would update more info during the Alpha test in July.

The details are as below,

For the update List of ZW3D2013 V1705, I post them as follows:

Basic
1) Fixed some preview problems, such as the black background, screen flicker and preview disappeared.
2) Optimized some display effect and ZW3D performance on Intel Graphics Card.
3) Fixed the texture disappeared problem caused by Direct Edit operations.
4) Fixed a ZW3D crash problem caused by Part Solutions.
5) Optimized the issue that the sameZ3 file was opened by different ZW3D.

Import/Export
1) Fixed the crash problem of STEP import.
2) Improved the import speed.
3) Fixed the problem that cylinder surface of hole feature disappeared when exporting Parasolid format.

CAD
1) Fixed the problem that the components couldn’t be moved, rotated after Encapsulate the assembled history.
2) Rollback symbol is permanently visible when playing the operation.
3) Fixed some Direct Edit problems.
4) Added a new feature: Wireframe->Projection Silhouette Curves
5) Enhanced the draft function.
6) Optimized broken section view that is supported on projection view, detail view and break line view.
7) Enhanced copy hole feature function to keep consistent information.

Mold
1) Added more types of mold base and standard parts.
2) Enhanced the electrode drawing functions, such as: electrode height value and machining information are provided
3) Optimized many standard part customization issues.
CAM
1) Added a new Quick Mill finish operation: Angle Limiting operation
2) Optimized check surface/part function of 3X milling finish operation.
3) Fixed the problem that external reference of sketch didn’t work in CAM context.
4) Fixed the problem that Interpath operation couldn’t be created between the operations which locate in the folder.
5) Adjusted the CUTCOM rules of 2X milling spiral operation.

Best regards
Colin

Mirko

Assistant Engineer

Message 11 of 16

22-05-2013 01:59 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
September ?? To say that if i am in Italy arrives in 2014 , :( what a disaster

Felix

Message 12 of 16

22-05-2013 02:53 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 11# mirko72

Hi Mirko, English and all the other multi-languages' 2013 SP version will be released in Sep, for sure including the Italian version. What's more, from 2014 we will try to launch every new version at one time, no matter it's English, French, or Italian. Obviously there are lots of things that we need to do, we shall improve our work day by day. Thanks a lot for your support and patience, hope you will like the upcoming SP version.

Felix Gao

Mirko

Assistant Engineer

Message 13 of 16

22-05-2013 06:03 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hello Felix,
as many know i am a admirer ZW3D as a passionate before customer , i can not hide the disappointment by the release of a version with so many defects and malfunctions, that lead me to use the previous version without having a value added, said this rest in confidence, even if here we bet on how many problems will bring the next version, all with respect , nothing personal

Felix

Message 14 of 16

23-05-2013 12:01 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Mirko,

Your sincere opinion is mostly appreciated. I understand that the 1700 version wasn't stable enough, therefore a part of users were not satisfied with it. Then we quickly released the 1705 patch, which had a much better performance. We're working hard on giving the users a more value added SP in September.

BTW: our 64 alpha version will be ready in the next month, I sincerely invite you to be one of the first group testers, interested?

Regards,
Felix

Luky

Assistant Engineer

Message 15 of 16

25-05-2013 06:06 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Come settembre !!:curse:
Mi avevano detto che sarebbe uscita ad aprile la 2013 in italiano,aspettavo appunto la nuova versione per fare il corso ma allora devo aspettare.
Anche con l'altro CAD che uso l'hanno rilasciato a novembre 2012,ma la versione funzionante e' arrivata ora ! 6 mesi dopo !!
Allora proseguo ad esercitarmi con la 2012 !!
Ciao
As in September!
I was told that it would be out in April 2013 in the Italian, just waiting for the new version to do the course but then I have to wait.
Even with the use of CAD and other authorities which issued in November 2012, but the working version and 'arrived now! 6 months after!
So I continue to practice for the 2012!
Hello:D

Felix

Message 16 of 16

27-05-2013 11:54 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Luky,

So sorry for letting you wait for the new version, now we are testing it and will release it soon in this week. We will be keeping providing the better using experiences to our customers version by version, patch by patch. ZW3D 2013 SP will be coming in this Sep, along with the support of 64 bit Windows OS.

Regards,
Felix
See also
X