CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > Unable to activate ZWCAD because of Broken dongle

Unable to activate ZWCAD because of Broken dongle

Subscribe Topic

csfcon2624

Message 1 of 8

Unable to activate ZWCAD because of Broken dongle
24-06-2013 02:17 . am   |   View his/her posts only

Dear Reader

I bought a couple of years ago the ZW cad application via the local supplier.

First the 2008 version and subsequently I bought the upgrade 2009.

At the time I bought the application I have made a choice for the possibility to work with a hardware dongle.

The advantage of an hardware dongle is for me the possibility to work on different workstations and locations.

I used the application for my consultancy company and I would always like to work with legal applications.

At this moment the hardware dongle does not function anymore properly and I would like to obtain a replacement.

According my supplier that seems to be a big problem to deliver me a new hardware dongle, based on the cost of that particular dongle, which is caused by the manufacturer ZW cad in China.

This is not a proof of customer care and aftersales service .

The manufacturer should be able to deliver (hardware) spare parts based on the replacement cost.

Instead of replacing I ‘am being forced to buy a brand-new software application (2013) and for the only reason that my hardware dongle is broken.

I ‘am still satisfied with the performance from my 2009 version.

Based on the above I request you to give me an proposal to replace the hardware dongle based on the hardware cost.

My dongle nr. 28/20086639

Kindest regards

Michel van den Berk

Senior consultant

CSF Consultancy

040-2410517 / 0651500330

csfconsultancy@xs4all.nl

Jenny

Super Moderator

Message 2 of 8

24-06-2013 10:09 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 1# csfcon2624

hi, your requirement is being evaluated, we will contact you in a few days.

BTW, we rebuilt ZWCAD and now we have ZWCAD+, it has better APIs and it is more powerful when dealing with large drawing, you can download and have 30 days free trial from here:
http://www.zwsoft.com/zwcad+

Jenny

Super Moderator

Message 3 of 8

24-06-2013 03:59 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 1# csfcon2624

Hi Michel, please contact our current local reseller
Tricadselection:
Phone: (+)31 519 562602
Fax: (+)31 519 562602
Email Us:

You can switch to soft-key for free; or obtain a new dongle, it might be for free or little production cost and delivery fee are requested.

csfcon2624

Message 4 of 8

24-06-2013 11:48 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Dear Reader,
I have in the past several times contacted Tricadselection for replacement/ exchange of the dongle . They answered that ZW cad is not cooperating with them for replacement (old dongle go's back). In other words they have to pay your company for a full license instead of replacing at hardware cost. And because of that they can not supply me with a new dongle. However they made me an proposal to change the dongle together with a new update zwcad 2012 for a reduces price. That reduced price for dongle and software is according to them not a profitable situation but based on creating client satisfaction. The proposal is not a bat proposal but I’am only interested in the replacement / exchange of the hardware dongle (based on hardware cost) not in buying new software.
Nevertheless to my opinion I should be not depended on the goodwill from the local supplier but the manufacturer should create a possibility to replace / exchange the hardware dongle only (not together with software offers) and that is until now not the case.
Finally if to your opinion Tricadselection should sent me an replacement dongle based on sending back the old one and based on the hardware cost then I will appreciated very much if you will get in touch with them. If that will be de case then I’am sure that they will be in touch with me.
After all my experiences with Tricadselection in the past are very good.
I hope you can send me e quick reply to solve this problem which is causing me a lot of trouble.
Sincerely,
Michel van den Berk

Jenny

Super Moderator

Message 5 of 8

25-06-2013 11:04 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 4# csfcon2624

Hi Michel, we will handle this and contact you asap.
BTW, sometime the dongle is not broken but ZWCAD cannot read its product ID, it might due to damaged USB port or lacking of correct dongle driver. You can try to trouble shooting from this:

http://www.zwsoft.com/forum/thread-2846-1-1.html

csfcon2624

Message 6 of 8

25-06-2013 02:53 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 5# Jenny_ZWCAD

Hi Jenny,

The problem is on the connector at the dongle site. The problem occurs on different USB ports and different computers. The dongle is making a bat contact / connection to the different USB ports. After inserting the dongle the led light on the dongle start blinking. When I wiggling the dongle all of a sudden
the led light starts burning constantly and is ready for operation. However it is just a matter of time before the dongle will not function anymore even with all kind of movements and tricks.

Sincerly

Michel van den Berk

csfcon2624

Message 7 of 8

27-06-2013 11:43 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 6# csfcon2624
Hi Jenny,
Could you please tell me when i get an answer on my questions.

Regards Michel van den Berk

Jenny

Super Moderator

Message 8 of 8

03-07-2013 01:49 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 7# csfcon2624

Hi Michel, we have contacted Tricadselection and you will get reply from he later. :)
See also
X