CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD Tutorial & Tips > How Can I Recover AutoCAD Autosave Files? Change Autosave File in AutoCAD to DWG

How Can I Recover AutoCAD Autosave Files? Change Autosave File in AutoCAD to DWG

Subscribe Topic

ravier

Message 1 of 3

How Can I Recover AutoCAD Autosave Files? Change Autosave File in AutoCAD to DWG
24-06-2013 05:40 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
how to recover autocad autosave file? My computer just shut down without warning, i lost my revision, as i know autocad save temporary files automatically, I might be able to get my revision back by recovering from autosave file.
Any help will be appreciate, thanks in advance.

SLW210

Message 2 of 3

24-06-2013 05:46 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 1# ravier

You can recover autocad autosave file by this way, because autocad save dwg file automatically with ac$ as default extension, just find the *.ac$ file and change ac$ to dwg. AutoCAD's autosave file is saved in this folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\appdata\local\temp\.

Detailed steps about how to change autosave file in autocad to dwg:

Step 1. Go to the folder C:\Users\[User Name]\appdata\local\temp\ and find the file with *.ac$ as extension.
Step 2. Change the extension *.ac$ to *.dwg, it pop out a warming: "If you change a file name extension, the file might become unusable. Are you sure you want to change it?", click Yes button.

kmankov

Message 3 of 3

24-06-2013 05:47 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
can anyone tell me how to recover zwcad autosave file?
See also
X