CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD Tutorial & Tips > How to trouble shooting ZWCAD dongle activation problem

How to trouble shooting ZWCAD dongle activation problem

Subscribe Topic

Jenny

Super Moderator

Message 1 of 4

How to trouble shooting ZWCAD dongle activation problem
25-06-2013 10:56 . am   |   View his/her posts only
How to trouble shooting ZWCAD dongle activation problem? You might find that the ZWCAD doesn't read the product ID from the dongle, even the dongle has already been plugged into USB port. The product ID box show empty.

zwcad dongle activation

dongle-empty-product-id.jpg
2013-6-25 11:25

Please make sure to plug in the dongle first, stay for a while until the light of the dongle does not blink, then launch ZWCAD. If you launch ZWCAD without plugging in the dongle previously, ZWCAD won't recognized the dongle.

If the light of dongle keep blinking, please try one of following for trouble shooting:

1. The reason might be not installing dongle driver correctly, ZWCAD old version doesn't include the driver for the new Windows 7 or Windows 8 operation system. You can trouble shooting by these ways:

For former dongle(in black), you need to install this driver on Window 7:
http://www.zwsoft.com/Service_Support/ser_zwcad/zwcad_knowledgebase/Utilities/624.html

For ZWCAD 2008 or ZWCAD 2009 on Windows 7:
http://www.zwsoft.com/Service_Support/ser_zwcad/zwcad_knowledgebase/Utilities/485.html 

For ZWCAD+ or ZWCAD on Windows 8
http://www.zwsoft.com/Service_Support/ser_zwcad/zwcad_knowledgebase/Utilities/784.html

2. The UBS port is damaged, unable to transfer data, in this case, please try to plug the dongle into other USB port which is in good condition.

If above solutions can't fix the problem, that mean the dongle is broken, please contact ZWCAD local reseller to exchange for a new dongle, or switch to soft key.

ZWCAD Overview

ZWCAD vs AutoCAD

User voices: zwcad compared with autocad

Paola - totalCAD

ZWCAD Reseller

Message 2 of 4

18-11-2013 11:52 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hello Jenny,

We have a similar problem, but in version 2014 + vernum = 10/25/2013 (17150) (read only).
We are doing all the procedures that were listed and still ZWCAD +2014 does not recognize the dongle. The dongle remains constant light, windows installs the driver but the ZWCAD +2014 does not recognize the dongle.
You would have one. Dll updated to the new ZWCAD +2014?

Best regards!

Jenny

Super Moderator

Message 3 of 4

19-11-2013 01:47 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 2# suporte254290

Hi, please take a look at the back of your dongle, there are some numbers on it, is it begin with 50-XXXXX? If so, this this a dongle for network license, it should be used to activate the Network License Server.
Please note that network dongle license is provides for ZWCAD but not ZWCAD+, if the customer who use network dongle license want to upgrade from ZWCAD to ZWCAD+, he need to switch to softkey license.

vivianlee7641

Message 4 of 4

19-02-2014 12:34 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 1# Jenny_ZWCAD
I have the same problem with activation via dongle. I install the ZWCAD 2014+ but it did not detect my dongle so I try uninstalling it. It did not uninstall properly and now I cannot reinstall 2014 version.

I try to install the 2012 version now and it did register my product id upon detecting my dongle but when I try activating it with my key. It says fail. I am trying to uninstall and reinstalling it again. I hope it will work

At the same time, I would like to know how should I uninstall the 2014 version completely so that I can reinstall it ?
See also
X