CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD Tutorial & Tips > How to let autocad 2012 turn off autocomplete command prompt?

How to let autocad 2012 turn off autocomplete command prompt?

Subscribe Topic

Neil47

Message 1 of 3

How to let autocad 2012 turn off autocomplete command prompt?
25-06-2013 03:33 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
How to let autocad 2012 turn off autocomplete command prompt? AutoCAD 2012 auto-complete command prompt is obviously helpful when the command is too long and hard to remenber. It displays a list of all the commands whose prefix matches what I typed, easily pick up the desired one from the list. But in my case, I have my own custom alias and they are most of my input. Input "L" for line, "C" for Circle, I don't need that extra command list box, it is more like annoying to me.

autocad autocomplete command

autocad-auto-complete.jpg
2013-6-25 15:34

Jenny

Super Moderator

Message 2 of 3

25-06-2013 03:41 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 1# Neil47

hi, welcome to ZWCAD forum. ZWCAD supports auto-complete command prompt many years ago. This function is a little different from AutoCAD. If you need to turn off ZWCAD's auto-complete command prompt (also call as dynamic input), you can click the button Dynamic Input button on the status bar.

zwcad-dynamic-input.jpg
2013-6-25 15:40

You might also like this post:
how to turn off zwcad cursor command box

ZWCAD+ has similar commands, no need to learn if you used AutoCAD before, check the brief introduction from here:
http://www.zwsoft.com/zwcad/ZWCAD_Overview/

Profcad

Message 3 of 3

29-08-2013 09:56 . am   |   View his/her posts only
zwcad support autocomplete command, but the way to disable auto-complete command is not the same between zwcad and autocad.
To turn off autocad auto-complete command, type in command AUTOCOMPLETE, and then input OFF and enter.

If you want to turn it on again, set AUTOCOMPLETE to ON.

cheers
See also
X