Subscribe Topic

george

Message 1 of 4

AFC
05-10-2005 10:19 . am   |   View his/her posts only
I was looking for postings for AFC, I thought there were some on the forum but I can't find them now.

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 4

19-10-2005 04:25 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hello John,

The AFC is ONLY working in the combination with a stock, Ref Operation or a Ref Tool. That means VX CAM has to know where material is that has to be removed. All other things should be self-explanatory if not please let me know. What I know the VX CAM users are divided into two parties. The one side real like the AFC and is using it a lot the other side has the opinion a constant feedrate is better for the milling result. Finally it is the user choice.

Regards

Thomas

Dan

Message 3 of 4

19-10-2005 04:34 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Indeed roughing, AFC, new holder and shank collision requires accurate stock definition. All these techniques simulates the milling process to figure out what is the current stock status, tool engagement etc.

AFC is recommended for classic machining not so much for HSM.

Dan

Message 4 of 4

19-10-2005 04:41 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
>> The one side real like the AFC and is using it a lot the other side has the opinion a constant feedrate is better for the milling result. Finally it is the user choice.

Depends very much how the machine/tool/material can handle variable feed. We provide there some parameters that are sensible defaults but being used in so many different milling scenarios is difficult to fit all hands wit hone glove size.

>> Ref Operation or a Ref Tool

I repeat myself accurate stock status is a must for AFC to work correct! So the Ref Tool isnt necessary the initial stock plus chained correct the paths in milling order is the NECESSARY thing to generate inside the current stock status.

See also
X