CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD Tutorial & Tips > DWF DWFx difference, DWF vs DWFx, convert DWF to DWFx

DWF DWFx difference, DWF vs DWFx, convert DWF to DWFx

Subscribe Topic

Dink87522

Message 1 of 3

DWF DWFx difference, DWF vs DWFx, convert DWF to DWFx
10-09-2013 04:09 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
What's difference between DWF and DWFx file format? Can anyone explain DWF vs DWFx? When publish to DWF in AutoCAD, except DXF format, there is DXFx option too, what is DWFx format?

Is it similar to office doc and docx format? So DXFx is a more modern DXF file format? Which one should I choose when publish a dwg file to someone to review?

Or if I have DWF file, how can I convert DWF to DWFx? Any converter for this purpose?

Murph

Message 2 of 3

10-09-2013 04:36 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 1# Dink87522

hi, you guess right, DWFx is a newer format of DWF. DWFx contains 3D design data, object properties and metadata.

You can view DWF file with Autodesk Design Review (Autodesk DWF Viewer) .
For DWFx format, Autodesk Design Review is not the only choice, you can view DWFx file with XPS viewer on Windows 7 or Windows Vista.

I didn't find DWFx in the "Publish to" list in ZWCAD+, so I guess ZWCAD+ doesn't support this modern format. But I really suggest ZW people to add this if possible, many of my co-workers use DWFx format.

I don't know if there is any DWFx to DWF converter, simply I use Autodesk Design Review to convert DWFx back to DWF, open DWFx file and Save As, choose *.dwf file.

Jenny

Super Moderator

Message 3 of 3

10-09-2013 04:38 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
hi Murph,

thanks for the suggestion, we have consider supporting DWFx in our future plan.

Convert DWG to DWF with ZWCAD+, free for 30 days:
http://www.zwsoft.com/zwcad/ZWCAD_Overview/

You might also like these posts:
batch print dwf to pdf, convert dwf to pdfhow to publish dwg to dwf
publish dwg to dwf with layer information included
how to create multi page dwf
See also
X