CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > Network server fail to connect after updated window XP services pack 3

Network server fail to connect after updated window XP services pack 3

Subscribe Topic

kwlean7733

Message 1 of 6

Network server fail to connect after updated window XP services pack 3
11-10-2013 08:55 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi,

I'm of the user from Malaysia. My name is lean. My company had buy 2 in network license.

I'm been facing problem after updated 1 of my desktop been assigned as network manager. Due to the desktop windows XP need to update to services pack 3. We need to re-new antivirus yearly.

I'm cant connect to network server after the installation.

And yet, 1 of my license been borrow to 1 of my colleague to work at outstation.

I'm been spoke to Malaysia distributor. But they haven't reply, due to they need to report to headquarters & investigate. I'm wish to know, how to solve above situation. Would be issue above problem on every time we update our windows ?

I'm appreciated on your early reply.

thank you.

regards,
lean

Jenny

Super Moderator

Message 2 of 6

11-10-2013 10:34 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 1# kwlean7733

hi lean, please check following issues:

1. Please make sure the sever is able to distribute floating license to workstation. Go to LMTools > Server Status, if the server authorization work well, you will see the message like this: "User of XXXX: (Total of 2 license issued; Total of 1 license in use)" , and please make sure only 1 license is in use (the one has been borrowed and use outside of the office), so that you have the rest 1 is available for the desktop which has just upgraded system to XP SP3.
license01.jpg
2013-10-11 10:35

2. Please make sure the network connection between this desktop and your server is well. Please try to Ping to check the connection. (Click Start, choose Run, enter CMD, then ping the server's IP address, for example enter ping 192.168.2.5 )

3. Please make sure the version of the license on the server, is higher (or equal to) than the ZWCAD version you install in the workstation. For example, if you activate ZWCAD+ 2012 network license on the server manager, but you install ZWCAD+ 2014 on the workstation, then the license on the server can't activate ZWCAD+ 2014 on the workstation.

4. The firewall might block the floating license, please try to shutdown the firewall, if the reason is due to firewall, please add the relate program and port to the firewall exception for both server and workstation.
Server firewall exception: zwflex.exe, lmgrd.exe and port 27000
Workstation firewall exception: ZWCAD.exe and the port 27000

5. The option file "zwflex.opt" is used to manage license, allow/restrict/reserve license for specific workstation, please make sure you didn't restrict the that desktop to get license. If you have never modify the zwflex.opt file, just ignore this possible cause.
You can find the zwflex.opt file from license manager installation path such as: C:\Program Files\ZWSoft\ZWCAD+ 2014 Network License Manager Eng

kwlean7733

Message 3 of 6

11-10-2013 01:54 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the advise. its work after off firewall.
But can you explain, how can is happen ?

thank you

regards,
lean

Jenny

Super Moderator

Message 4 of 6

11-10-2013 05:13 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 3# kwlean7733

hi lean, i am glad to hear that it is ok on your side now.
The reason could be various, it might because of the conflict between new OS and firewall.
You can add ZWCAD related programs to firewall exceptions and keeping firewall on.

zwcad license firewall block exceptions

exceptions.jpg
2013-10-11 17:12

kwlean7733

Message 5 of 6

02-01-2014 09:51 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Dear jenny,

our ZWcad 2012+ cant working after 1/1/2014.... is there any bugs ?

this is not a Firewall issue ,Firewall is disabled on both sites
and license servies is working correct on the same client.

please advise, urgent

Jenny

Super Moderator

Message 6 of 6

02-01-2014 03:25 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 5# kwlean7733

pls make sure there are license left for this client, and make sure the network connection between the server and client.
See also
X