CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > Issues with ZWCAD+ 2014

Issues with ZWCAD+ 2014

Subscribe Topic

Beju

Message 1 of 2

Issues with ZWCAD+ 2014
31-10-2013 01:43 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
ZWCAD+ 2014 trail version is using by my friend(within 30 days).Pls help him to sort it out the issues.

1. always hang and close when making big boundary.

2. closed without recover file.

3.sometimes it don't create boundary but when i open to other software it creates the boundary.

4. copying from another drawing file to be transfered to a new drawing file have this message

" copy to clipboard failed", so i need again to open it to the other software so that i can copy paste.

5. take time to join line or polylines after many clicks

6. when stretching and it dont deselect the other lines...work will take long time if i stretch one by one.

7. when one project from autocad was open to zwcad the text and dimension become shaded like a rectangle that is hatched. not readable, even when you print it . When i open the project to other software (briscad) its ok.

8.we cant open the cad file from the damac project the calculated one zwcad crashed and closed by its own ...because its big file. ..but when i open to other software its ok.

9. cannot put all my own commands.. but in autocad i can

10. sometimes hatched dont work

11. when we open files we get message.. "drawing is not valid", but when i open it with briscad.. it opened.

Regards
Beju

Jenny

Super Moderator

Message 2 of 2

04-11-2013 05:29 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Reply 1# beju3681

hi Beju, please make sure your friend is using the latest version of ZWCAD+, you can always download the latest version from here: http://www.zwsoft.com/zwcad+/

For many case, we need to test the sample drawing that lead to the problem, to resolve the problems quickly, it would be better to ask the local reseller for help.

1. always hang and close when making big boundary.

It must happened with specific drawing, right? Please attach the sample dwg here and let me test it.

2. closed without recover file.

Please find the trouble shooting about crash problem from here: Troubleshooting crash problem of ZWCAD+. We need the crash report from your side to fix this problem.

3.sometimes it don't create boundary but when i open to other software it creates the boundary.

Sample dwg drawing and steps description are required.

4. copying from another drawing file to be transfered to a new drawing file have this message " copy to clipboard failed", so i need again to open it to the other software so that i can copy paste.

We received this kind of feedback from other user which happen to specific drawings, we are going to fix it, it might take a while. Could you attach your drawing to here so that we can make sure it will be OK with your drawing?

5. take time to join line or polylines after many clicks

Do you mean it takes too many steps or ZWCAD+ take long time to react after you choose the polylines? Please attach a sample drawing.
6. when stretching and it don't deselect the other lines...work will take long time if i stretch one by one.

You can stretch multiple grips by this way, press shift and click the grips that you want to stretch, the selected grips will in red.

multiple grips streching

select.jpg
2013-11-4 17:13

7. when one project from autocad was open to zwcad the text and dimension become shaded like a rectangle that is hatched. not readable, even when you print it . When i open the project to other software (briscad) its ok.

It might because ZWCAD doesn't has the font file that you use in AutoCAD. You can trouble shooting by this way, copy all font files from autocad installation path, then paste to ZWCAD+ installation path, choose "Copy and Replace".
AutoCAD font path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012 - English\Fonts
ZWCAD+ 2014 font path: C:\Program Files\ZWCAD+ 2014\fonts

8.we cant open the cad file from the damac project the calculated one zwcad crashed and closed by its own ...because its big file. ..but when i open to other software its ok.
Please find the trouble shooting about crash problem from here: Troubleshooting crash problem of ZWCAD+. We need the crash report from your side to fix this problem.

9. cannot put all my own commands.. but in autocad i can
If your commands is relate to your own application, you need to load your application to ZWCAD+ previously. If your commands is a custom command alias, you need to port your custom command alias to ZWCAD+.

How to port your custom command alias from AutoCAD to ZWCAD+:
1. Find autocad.pgp file from AutoCAD profile folder, such as: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012 - English\R18.2\enu\Support
2. Then import to ZWCAD+, input command aliasedit, then click Import button and choose the autocad.pgp file.

10. sometimes hatched don't work
Please attach the sample drawing and describe the steps in detailed.

11. when we open files we get message.. "drawing is not valid", but when i open it with briscad.. it opened.

Please try to open this drawing by recover: Application button > Drawing Utilities > Recover
See also
X