CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD Tutorial & Tips > autocad create viewport, how to make a viewport in autocad or ZWCAD?

autocad create viewport, how to make a viewport in autocad or ZWCAD?

Subscribe Topic

Greene

Message 1 of 3

autocad create viewport, how to make a viewport in autocad or ZWCAD?
18-11-2013 02:25 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Could someone tell me how to make a viewport in auaotcad or ZWCAD? How can I use autocad create viewport? I finished my drawing and want to make some windows to show some specific parts of my drawing. I was told that a viewport in layout could work, but how to make a viewport in layout? I want to make some special size of viewports that in special shape. Thanks in advance.

SLW210

Message 2 of 3

18-11-2013 02:41 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Generally, here are the steps about how to make a viewport in AutoCAD:

Step 1: Click one of the layout tab to switch to layout space.

autocad layout tab, zwcad layout tab, switch from model to layout

layout.jpg
2013-11-18 14:41

Step 2: Type command MVIEW in the command line.

If you want to make a rectangle viewport, just click one point in paper space and then click the second point, a rectangle viewport is finished.

If you don't want to make a rectangle shape of viewport, but a special shape. Input P (means Polygon) option after typing MVIEW command, then draw any shape you want. You can also turn a existing shape into a viewport, Input O (means Object) options after typing MVIEW command, then select the existing object and enter.

Step 3: After a viewport is created, it will show all object from model space. You could double click within the viewport, pan and zoom to show the special part of your drawing, then click a position outside the viewport to stop editing the view.

Jenny

Super Moderator

Message 3 of 3

18-11-2013 02:56 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Bonus tips:
You can also lock up your viewport so that you won't change the position and scale of your viewport accidently. The viewport might be too small for you to editing object, you can use VPMAX to maximize your viewport as large as in model space, after editing finish, click VPMIN to restore the viewport to original.

how to lock and unlock viewport
viewport maximum

What is ZWCAD+?
http://www.zwsoft.com/zwcad+/
See also
X