How to make a title block in autocad? autocad title block template, any tutorial
Message 1 of 2
Message 2 of 2
1. Draw a border using the Line tool. Draw it 3/8 to 1/2 inch smaller than the sheet size to be sure it does not get cropped off if outside the printable area of the page.
2. Draw the lines that serve to bind and separate the title block data. A popular option is to have the first 2 to 3 inches of the right edge of the sheet contain the title block. Make sure it is consistent from sheet to sheet within a set of drawings.
3. Create attributes. Attributes are like tags, or smart text. These attributes automatically put a default value in the space rather than inserting new text into each sheet to define the drawing number, sheet name, author, etc., You can then edit them on a sheet by sheet basis.
4. Select all the elements, lines and attributes that will make up your title block. In the command bar, key in the value "wblock," which brings up the "Write Block" command. This will allow you to save the title block as an external file so it can be inserted in future ZWCAD drawings. Choose a file name and location to save the file, and the title block is created.
5. Create a new drawing. Type in "Insert," browse for your title block file and insert it onto the sheet. Edit the attributes you created for the title block and it will automatically populate the fields with your data.
PS. you might also want to know the detailed steps to create attributes:
1. Select the "Draw" menu, then "Block," then "Define Attributes" to open the Attributes dialog box, which will allow you to create the tags mentioned in the first section of this article.
2. Choose the "Verify" mode in the first section of the dialog. This will create an attribute that has a default value as a placeholder, and will prompt you to enter specific information when you insert the title block.
3. Fill in the "Tag," "Prompt" and "Value" boxes. The "Tag" is the title of the attribute, which can be
"Author," "Date" or "Drawing Number." "Prompt" is the text that reminds you what to enter, such as "Who Drew This?" "What is the Issue Date?" and "What is the Drawing Number?" Finally, the "Value" box is for the default value that is the placeholder until you fill in specific data like "ABC" (the initials of drawing author), "January 1, 2011," or "A1.01A."
4. Complete the text settings and style information that formats the attribute. This will set how the text displays on your title block. You can customize this however you choose.
5. Check the "Specify On Screen" option for Attribute Insertion Point. When you click "OK" in the dialog, it prompts you to select a location for the attribute. Place the attribute where you want it to show on your title block and repeat as necessary for all required information.
ZWCAD vs AutoCAD
User voices: zwcad compared with autocad
- autocad convert text to mtext
- where do the roll or fold lines go on sheet metal drawings
- unlock viewport
- buy solidworks 2011
- cad cam software free download
- cad software free download
- convert dwg to dgn
- autocad how to change bak file to dwg
- skp to dwg
- mechanical drawing software
- cad file viewer free
- Free 3d house design software
- 3d modeling website
- cad cam download
- mechanical design software free download