CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD Tutorial & Tips > Fasteners in AutoCAD, how to draw fasteners in cad, cad fasteners, bolt and nut

Fasteners in AutoCAD, how to draw fasteners in cad, cad fasteners, bolt and nut

Subscribe Topic

Greene

Message 1 of 3

Fasteners in AutoCAD, how to draw fasteners in cad, cad fasteners, bolt and nut
22-11-2013 10:50 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi all, I was wondering, how to draw fasteners in cad? Or is there any free cad fasteners block, any bolt and nut cad drawing? How can I draw fasteners in Autocad?

davies65

Message 2 of 3

22-11-2013 10:55 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Generally, there are two kinds of fasteners in autocad as followed:
1. Screws & Bolts
Screw: A fastener designed to clamp two components together by the fastener mating to a threaded hole or other preformed hole.
Bolt: A fastener designed to clamp two components together by the fastener passing through the components and mating with a corresponding nut to hold the assembly together.

2.Nuts
a perforated block usually of metal that has an internal screw thread and is used on a bolt or screw for tightening or holding something

You can find fasteners in autocad from its tool palettes -> Mechanical palette, press key control+3 to show the tool palettes. As I know, AutoCAD Mechanical has more fasteners with various of size and standard.

Fasteners in AutoCAD, how to draw fasteners in cad, cad fasteners, bolt and nu

screw bolt nut fastener.jpg
2013-11-22 10:54

Jenny

Super Moderator

Message 3 of 3

22-11-2013 11:05 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Welcome to ZWCAD forum.
You can find fasteners like screw, bolt and nut from ZWCAD+ tool palettes. In additional, ZWCAD Mechanical has abundant of standard parts.

fastener zwcad

fastener-zwcad.jpg
2013-11-22 11:00

ZWCAD MechanicalPart Library and Mechanism Generator

You might also like to know:
ZWCAD Mechanical getting started videos
ZWCAD Mechanical: How to use Part Builder to create standard part

Take a quick look at ZWCAD+ and ZWCAD Mechanical:
ZWCAD Overview
ZWCAD vs AutoCAD
User voices: zwcad compared with autocad
See also