CAD/CAM discussion forum > ZW3D CAD > Direct editing of fillets on imported 3D geometry

Direct editing of fillets on imported 3D geometry

Subscribe Topic

Dave

Message 1 of 4

Direct editing of fillets on imported 3D geometry
07-12-2013 09:49 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
I have an idea for a future enhancement.....At the moment with ZW3D, to remove or edit fillet radii on imported 3D geometry is difficult and time consuming and sometimes near impossible without cutting a lot of geometry away and re-creating new geometry before a new fillet can be applied.
I have seen VISI CAD remove fillets at the click of a button!! I think ZW3D need to consider adding this function. It sort of works like ZW's simplify command. (Only ZW's simplify only works for me on native ZW where ZW recognise the fillets as fillets).
My customer wanted me to change lots of fillet sizes on some imported geometry and i told him it will take a very long time to remove the fillets before i could re-apply some new fillets. My customer said he could remove them in minutes and he showed me on VISI it was brilliant.
ZW team...... Is this possible to add to ZW3D? If so, when?

Mirko

Assistant Engineer

Message 2 of 4

08-12-2013 08:05 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hello Dave
You have an example?

Luky

Assistant Engineer

Message 3 of 4

08-12-2013 09:57 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Ciao Dave,
Rimuovere raggi da 3D importati e' sempre difficile e alcune volte impossibile,sia con Visi che con ZW3D, la cosa strana che alcune volte non riesco con Visi e con Zw si e altre viceversa !!
Cancellare un filetto con Visi lo puoi fare con la funzione cancella forma,solo se la hai creato
con la Features delle forme semplici,se invece e' un 3D importato devi toglierlo con cancella facce come (semplfica facce di ZW3D)
La cosa che ho gia'segnalato e trovo molto strano,che se hai creato un foro filettato e fai il 2D non riconosce i filetti ma lo identifica come un foro normale.
Ciao Luky

warren

Message 4 of 4

18-12-2013 08:48 . am   |   View his/her posts only
I have an idea for a future enhancement.....At the moment with ZW3D, to remove or edit fillet radii ...
sketchevolution Post at 2013-12-7 21:49

Take a look at the 2014 CAD highlights. It does exactly what you're asking for.
See also
X