CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > problem with deployment via Group policy

problem with deployment via Group policy

Subscribe Topic

boishin1963

Message 1 of 3

problem with deployment via Group policy
21-01-2014 04:33 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi,
Our company bought some network licenses few years ago and we use ZWCAD since ZWCAD2011. Now I have to deploy ZWCAD2014+.
I have the same problem every time I have to deploy the software via group policy on the client computers. I use the deployment option in the installation disk to create a specific installation folder and I set the IP address of the server, where I installed the License manager. The process finish successfully and I this folder I have Setup.exe in the Setup folder and subfolder with the MSI file.
If I run the setup.exe file, the installation is running silent and complete successfully. The problem is that: Via group policy I can deploy only MSI installation file, not EXE. If I run the MSI file, the installation is not silent and need running through the installation wizard. When it’s completed, the first start of ZWCAD need to be run as administrator to remember the IP address of the license manager.
The same problem is with ZWCAD2011, ZWCAD2012, ZWCAD2012+, ZWCAD+SP2, ZWCAD2014, ZWCAD+ 2014.
The deployment option does not run with Group policy deployment.
I want to inform you about this problem and I hope you can fix it.
We plan to buy more licenses of ZWCAD and it will be nice if the deployment of the new versions can be completed without manual intervention of administrator.

Martin_S

Senior Engineer

Message 2 of 3

21-01-2014 04:41 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
F.e. Our Polish local reseller help us to solve problems by remote method by internet & phone. Try it in your reseller in Your country.

boishin1963

Message 3 of 3

21-01-2014 05:08 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
I asked him few times, the first time was for ZWCAD2011, but he said the same - use the deployment option in the installation disk. As said in my first post, if I run the setup.exe, the installation run silently and take the IP address ot the license manager, but it can't be deployed via GP. If I deploy the MSI file, on each client computer I have to start once the program with administrative credentials and set the IP address manualy and after that it works fine. I want to aviod the administrative intervention on each client machine.
See also
X