CAD/CAM discussion forum > ZW3D CAD > Help on configuring 2013 to default to 3 place decimal.

Help on configuring 2013 to default to 3 place decimal.

Subscribe Topic

Mike

Assistant Engineer

Message 1 of 3

Help on configuring 2013 to default to 3 place decimal.
11-02-2014 11:50 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
I made a file, mikes_3pl_dec.Z3 and that worked, but cannot get sheet to default to 3
place decimal every time. There must be a easier way. 2013 is much more powerful than 2012. I use 2012 because I know the interface and get the job done

Paul

Message 2 of 3

12-02-2014 04:04 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Mike,
2013 introduces styles which is a much more powerful system than previously. In this you can set up any styles you want etc. but getting one of yours to be the default is not possible. In 2014 they allow the setting of defaults.
To get in command of styles you are up for some learning and set up effort. It is well worth doing and something you will have to face at some time. There is a webinar video on the subject that is compulsory viewing.
There is a number of threads on the forum you should check out via search.
You can also make some toolbars show up on your 2D screen that will allow you to modify the decimal in a click.
So whilst you are in 2D RMB on the top tool bar and turn on some of the tool bars to see what is there.
Cheers - Paul

Mike

Assistant Engineer

Message 3 of 3

12-02-2014 06:13 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Paul I did what you told me awhile ago, making my own default file (mikes_3pl_dec) and that works. It is just in sheet I am having trouble with. I guess I will have to change it to a three place decimal every time. What webinar are you talking about. The one with Orchid, I have a very hard time understanding her. At 68,and 50 yrs in the trade, I do have two hearings aids.For example in 2013 simpfily is much more powerful and is a great help in mold making Ben Hong is very understandable as his webinars are great.Wish he had one on configuring 2013. Thanks for your help.
See also
X