Message 1 of 1
This could be one of the most common problems that some new CAD users encounter,when copy the geometric objects with dimensions from one drawing to the other, the dimension lines change to other position and the values of the annotation change.
The cause of this problem lies in the fact that the annotation dimensions are associated with the geometric objects.
Solution 1: Use DIMDISASSOCIATE command
(1)Type DIMDISASSOCIATE in the command line and Enter. Then the command line will prompt information as below:
Select dimensions to disassociate…
(2)Copy the geometric objects and annotation dimensions and paste to the other drawing
Solution 2: Change setting in the Options to create non- associative annotations.
(1)Type OPTIONS in the command line and press enter.
(2)In the pop up Options dialogue box, click on the User Preferences tab, check off the option “Make new dimensions to be associative”.
(3)The setting changed is saved with specific drawing, only work for the current drawing. Each time when you create a new drawing, you need to do the above operations to change the options.
- using cad to work out area of a shape
- mechanical engineering autocad software free download
- drawing software for metal sheet development
- freecad download
- 3d modelling programs
- autocad how to change bak file to dwg
- autocad area calculation
- how to create fillet in autocad
- 3d vx cad software
- free 3d cam software
- zwcad 2012 crack
- mechanical engineering software free download
- cadtools forum
- how to find backup files in autocad
- convert ellipse to polyline