Curvature display tags

Subscribe Topic

David

Assistant Engineer

Message 1 of 3

Curvature display tags
29-04-2014 06:27 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hello all
I am using ZW2011 due to an ongoing project and I have an issue where I need to do some images for a design registration document, however I cannot "hide" Curvature tags. See image and "C1" tag. Is there anyway of stopping these appearing or hiding them? I had a look in the history tree at the individual operation and there is no "on" or "off" option.

2014-04-29_C1_tag.jpg
2014-4-29 18:26

A point of note, I believe it is something to do with the edge display, as when I untick "display edges" in Configuration then the C1 tags disappear along with the edge display.

A secondary question: I see there is no anti-alias option in 2011. Is this to do with the programme or do I need to adjust my monitor / graphic card settings to get this to display? As a colleague of mine has this option in 2014.

Thanks

David

Paul

Message 2 of 3

30-04-2014 06:35 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi David,
not sure how and why curvature tags but.... design rego, patent drawing etc I am familiar with.
In most cases these are developed from the 2D Drawing sheet level. So unless you actually need wireframe screen shots, you can proceed and get past the curvature symbols.

An option I have used is to produce the best 2D views I can(set up special views in 3D and insert these in the drawings)by setting up line display and attributes, then export to PDF. Then I have edited and annotated the PDF in a suitable editor(e.g. CorelDraw)

A closer to home process is to copy the drawing view to clipboard then paste into a new sketch within a New Part in ZW3D. Then you can edit the lines, add what you want within sketcher.
Then make a new drawing showing Curves.
Or paste into a new sketch, edt, then export as DWG/DXF etc.

So without knowing exactly what you are trying to achieve this is the best suggestion I can make. Cheers - Paul

David

Assistant Engineer

Message 3 of 3

30-04-2014 04:42 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Thanks for the response Paul, the 2D PDF sounds like the best starting point, I will give that a go and see if the IP department is happy with that.

Previously, at IP dept's request, I had supplied screen dumps of grey shaded and hidden line views at various angles. Creating the PDF document containing those views and line detail mean they can do their own screen captures etc.

Any further questions or feedback I will let you know.

Thanks for your help.

David
UK
See also
X