CAD/CAM discussion forum > ZW3D CAD > Private Messages

Private Messages

Subscribe Topic

davej

Assistant Engineer

Message 1 of 2

Private Messages
07-05-2014 11:10 . am   |   View his/her posts only
I find private messages (sent from or in this forum) to at times be useful in a forum such as this one.
Does everyone know how to send a private message ?

If you want to send a private message to another person just click on their name (a link) by their picture. A variation of that persons profile comes up with the ability at the bottom of the page for you to leave (post) them a message.

It's not perfect as it appears that no automatic notification of messages exist but if you access your profile by either clicking on your own name (a link) or if you click on your name (a link) at the top of the page it takes you to your profile that will show all messages that have been left for you.

Not perfect (easy to miss or not know messages are there) because of the lack of notification issue but still useful in my opinion.

davej

Assistant Engineer

Message 2 of 2

07-05-2014 09:07 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
I think it's obvious but just in case the information about leaving messages only applies if you've created a profile and are logged in. While looking around your profile keeping it accurate and up to date is a good thing. This is especially important when there is such an international bunch of members. There were in the past some technical problems related to updating profiles but I think that is OK now.
See also
X