Message 1 of 9
Post Last Edit by theMIB at 2014-5-16 20:00
I am having lots of strange things happening in 2014, so much so that I am not confident to use it.
Sketches turning yellow pick colour semi permanently.
Things disappearing using the mirror function.
Mirroring a sketch altered its shape.
Sketches behaving oddly when lofting and meshing
Lots of little things.
Has anyone else got some strange occurrences?
Message 2 of 9
I certainly have not experienced you problems even from Beta 2014.
Actually I have found 2014 to be very stable beyond any previous version.
You do not indicate what OS or hardware, which would be a normal include info in this type of query.
Do these aberrations take place immediately or after a longer time?
In the last 2 weeks I have changed from an 5yr+ old CoreDuo, aging hard drives and 32 bit to a i7 with SSD and 64bit OS and a Quadro Card. The difference is amazing.
Now that is too many changes at a time to know what effect each item have, but....
I think the issues you are having can be hardware related. Do you have the latest graphics drivers.
If you advise you have a new machine then it I suggest a re install and then watch what other programs are running in the background. Less is more.
So which part of hardware? RAM, GPU etc. I have no idea.
Cheers - Paul
Message 3 of 9
Message 4 of 9
Could you please help to check the problems you mentioned
1) If it happens in only specified part or drawing, could you please send it for us to figure out the solution.
2) Normally, the unexpected errors might be caused by the uncompleted initialization of the program. Therefore, please copy your current User folder setting as a backup, and then delete the whole user folder to start a clean initialization to see if it fix the problem. (input and enter %appdata% to the explorer, and you can find the user folder accordingly as below: C:\Users\colin\AppData\Roaming\ZW3D 2014 Eng (x64))
3) If it still shows the problems in any file, please uninstall ZW3D first, and then download the ZW3D(V1805)to install.
In order to fix the program quickly, you can also add my skype(colin_chuang2008) to have a quick check online.
Message 5 of 9
I am running Windows 7 professional 64 bit.
N vidia Quadro 5000 12 MB ram, dual Xeon cpu about 2 years old.
Drivers are up to date for the card.
The problems start after a run through history. My whole sketch turning yellow is particularly hard to deal with, it happens to more than one sketch and the mirroring problem cropped up again.
I have no issues in uninstalling it, I cannot really wipe the machimne, all other programs seem ok.
ZW doesnt crash, but shows these and other bugs, I will try the suggestions above, sadly I wont be able to get a new machine for a year at least.
Message 6 of 9
I have a customer reporting also strange behavior in 2014.
Line attributes cannot be changed in 3D anymore, exept the color and in draft also attributes that are nor accessible at moments they should be.
Deleting user folder cures the problem, but only for a few hours.
Then it starts all over again.
Looks like the issues are limited to one machine, so perhaps there are graphical data stored in the user folder that get corrupted because of a combination of ZW and device drivers
I don't know if this makes sense, but if it is caused by ZW3D only we all would suffer from this,
Perhaps development can check what changes they made in the user folder compared to 2013
Message 7 of 9
Thanks for your information, I will take it to the test list of the future release. The only case I face the attribute problem was when I installed third-party applications which uses the same QT library.
Just for the information in case the others reading this note. The clean initialization fix some unexpected issues. For the process of clean initialization, the whole ZW3D 2014 folder of user directory (enter %appdata% to go to the user directory ), especially the sub-solder called Profiles must be fully deleted, otherwise, it will stop the full initialization.
Message 8 of 9
can you do some more info about the installation structure for Z3, where files live, what they do, what gets customised, how to preserve customisations etc.. and put all this in the ZW3D HELP.
Needs to cover everything in some detail... those that need it will use it, those that don't wont.
Windows 8 has changed how things are done, the names for locations etc. compared to XP(no idea about Win7) and the whole thing is a mine field for users and support alike.
Cheers - Paul
Message 9 of 9
- autocad license error
- zwcad 2010
- mechanical engineering software free download
- How to install ZW3D
- how to draw centerline in autocad
- 2d convert to 3d free drawing software download
- sheet metal design tips
- how to find backup files in autocad
- How to convert Mtext to Text
- advanced mechanical designing softwares
- cad cam
- catia windows 8
- where do the roll or fold lines go on sheet metal drawings
- combine two regions in autocad
- Free 3d house design software