Message 1 of 4
Everything else seems to work REALLY well(Solidworks, PowerShape, Solidedge all import VX stuff perfectly), But Pro/E opens the files with open edges with IGS import, and missing surfaces in STEP. It seems to be the most successful at IGS, but the Pro/E operator has to go around and "zip" the edges by what I'm told, to heal in to a good solid. Are there any "rule of thumb" settings people use for good ProE exports?
Another problem I've had is with Parasolid exports. Nothing seems to open the VX's parasolid exports. Am I doing something wrong?
Message 2 of 4
First of all for STEP export you should have, use VX 10.22 there are some general improvements.
Some general settings to get better results with other systems are following.
1. Switch ON "Extend Surface" (creates trimed surfaces during export) an "Split closed Surface" (splits cylinders, shperes into two surfaces)
That two settings make the results better for all exports.
2. For STEP and IGES a imortend thing switch "B-Rep" ON. If "B-Rep" is switched ON VX writes shape/solid informations into STEP/IGES
3. Parasolid there is a small problem with VX 10.22 wait for VX 10.5X will come in the middle of next week. With that version it should work.
I hope that helps, we have the most time perfect results in Germany.
The CAD/CAM dino
Message 3 of 4
I'll try the things you've suggested.
Message 4 of 4
If possible, double check with another release of Pro-E. In the past we have found that just the odd release of ProE suddenly has an import problem or an export problem. Pro-E does have it's origins entrenched in solids modelling and PTC still can't hide the fact that it is not so great with sophisticated curved surfaces. However, since you have been trying B-rep, I assume you are exporting something fairly rect-linear. It is still OK to use Nurbs representation and ProE will handle non-complex nurbs quiet well. So, try:
Spline, Nurb, Free Surface.
Split closed surfaces.
The best solution would of course be to bin Pro-E............
- zwcad 2012 keygen
- dgn converter
- Dwg Converter
- How to install ZW3D
- dgn autocad
- how to draw centerline in autocad
- reset autocad configuration
- How to draw elbow in autocad
- how to convert autocad bak file to dwg
- fadal emulator
- cad/cam software download
- autosave autocad
- convert skp to dwg
- autocad default toolbar
- dwg to skp converter