CAD/CAM discussion forum > CAD > I want to start study ZWCAD Mechanical. I have programme downloaded

I want to start study ZWCAD Mechanical. I have programme downloaded

Subscribe Topic

madhus6816

Message 1 of 4

I want to start study ZWCAD Mechanical. I have programme downloaded
02-07-2014 10:51 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
I am Mechanical Engineer and can draw Mechanical Drawings by handBut i don't know how to start study ZWCAD Mechanical....[url=]Smiles[/url]

[url=]Normally, we start making drawing by hand, first we are selecting a Scale at what Scale it is to be drawn[/url]

[url=]A) But here I don't know how to select a scale ??[/url]

[url=]B) Before start drawing I have to draw a Center Line, but I don't know from where to draw Center Line ??[/url]

C) I am trying to make Front View of the object... I have select "line" and selecting first point...
and then Length of Line say 852 mm..... it is not showing exact 852... but showing 852.1692 mm
I don't know how to set 852.00 mm exact ??

Waiting for you all - Sirs .....expert advises

Best regards,
With Love

Madhusudan Thakor

Jenny

Super Moderator

Message 2 of 4

03-07-2014 11:32 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Dear Madhusudan Thakor,

Welcome to ZWCAD forum. I'm glad to know that ZWCAD Mechanical could help with your work.

Let me answer your question one by one:

A) But here I don't know how to select a scale ??

You can set up scale when creating the border, please refer to this screenshot:
zwm-scale.jpg
2014-7-3 11:21

B) Before start drawing I have to draw a Center Line, but I don't know from where to draw Center Line ??

ZWCAD Mechanical has specific tool to draw center line, please refer to this screenshot:
centerline.jpg
2014-7-3 11:21

C) I am trying to make Front View of the object... I have select "line" and selecting first point...
and then Length of Line say 852 mm..... it is not showing exact 852... but showing 852.1692 mm
I don't know how to set 852.00 mm exact ??

If you want to set the precision for actual length, please input command UNITS, then set the precision according to this screenshot:
units.jpg
2014-7-3 11:25

If you want to set the accuracy of dimension, you could set up in dimension setting dialog box:

dim-accuracy.jpg
2014-7-3 11:29

Here you can find many tutorial videos about how to use ZWCAD Mechanical, please feel free to leave message in this forum or contact our local support if you need help.

ZWCAD Mechanical getting started videos

http://www.zwsoft.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=2700

madhus6816

Message 3 of 4

05-07-2014 01:43 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Dear Ms. Jenny,

Thank you very much for your prompt advises with Screen shots.

Sorry

I have still problem as under::
A) But here I don't know how to select a scale ??
For my question above, you presented Screen shot and I could see " Border setup "
I tried to click...Home..Solid..Annotate...Insert..View...Tools..Manage...Export..Express...Online...App+
But I could not find " Border Setup " !!!!
Where to click ??

B)My Question.. Before start drawing I have to draw a Center Line, but I don't know from where to draw Center Line ??
Also I click all above... could not find Center Line
In my screen...there is no " Mechanical Drawing " after ... Export..Express... ??

C) Similarly I could not find : " Drawing Units "

D) How to save Screen Shots ??

Waiting

With Love

Madhusudan Thakor

Ravi_Akella

Message 4 of 4

24-07-2014 04:47 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Dear Madhusudan Thakor,

As I know, ZWSOFT have redesigned its interface to make it much easier to use, I think maybe you are usind the older one. To assure this, you can try this command "vernum" to see the version number. if it is not as below, it is recommend to upgrade your software.
VERNUM = "2014.06.25(24082)" (read only)

You can download the latest one from this link:
http://download2.zwsoft.com/en/ZWCAD_Mechanical/2014/SP2/ZWCAD_MECHANICAL_2014_SP2_ENU.exe
Remember that before you install the new one, unstall the older.

by the way, please make sure you lanuch ZWCAD Mechanical by double clicking this icon:
111.jpg
2014-7-24 16:46
See also
X