CAD/CAM discussion forum > ZW3D Sharing Board > Summer Fun Event: How I use smart point and snap pick

Summer Fun Event: How I use smart point and snap pick

Subscribe Topic

maxjon9315

Message 1 of 1

Summer Fun Event: How I use smart point and snap pick
25-07-2014 05:37 . pm   |   View his/her posts only

I want to share the smart point and snap pick feature here with you guys. Let's see how I use this feature.

See the picture below~ This option takes a point pick and automatically drives it from intersections, critical points, and axis directions. When "Smart point reference" is on, it works for any point catching location.

3D Wire Frame Tools_pic1.jpg
2014-7-25 17:17

Let me give you an exampleee. As you can see below, I use the "Polyline" command on Wireframe tab. The small brown box below is the "Snap Pick" indicator. When it is visible, I can move in any direction and that segment will "snap" alone the axis or plane, while when I don't wish that segment to "snap", I can pause until the small brown box icon goes away, and then move the cursor. It will now be free to pick any point. It's really flexible.

3D Wire Frame Tools_pic2.jpg

And I can also change the dimensions that are displayed at any time. Simply go back and left-click on any dimension in the string and type in the new value, hit ENTER on the keyboard.

3D Wire Frame Tools_pic3.jpg

See also
X