Message 1 of 4
Message 2 of 4
Here's one way to do it:
1. Import the 2-D DXF drawing directly into model space (or you can copy the sketch object entities into model space) (or you could EDIT->COPY->EXTERNAL SKETCH while you're in model space)
2. Enter the sketch mode
3. Using the sketch tools, you can create curve references (I suggest you only select the curves you need to create your extrusion)
4. Unlink the reference geometry which turns it into lines and arcs.
5. Clean it up using, trimming, filleting, etc., (or use my favorite sketch command: Trim/Extend Curves to Corner
6. Exit your sketch and extrude.
Message 3 of 4
1) Create an empty Sketch (In Model Space, right mouse click "insert Sketch").
2) Now in the Sketcher, via File, Import, import the DXF file.
3) Blank the geometry you need to use, erase everything else (rmc "pick all"), unblank.
4) Use Inquire, Show Gaps to check that the geometry is good - you will often find that the draftsman has been too lazy to define accurate geometry, essential for 3D modelling. Most common fault, corner radii that are not tangent.
5) You can dimension and constrain the imported geom if you require.
6) Back in 3D model space, you have further choices when selecting the DXF geom for extrude, sweep, revolve etc.
a) If the Sketch consists of multiple profiles, you can for example extrude them all into several solid bodies in one go, by selecting the Sketch as the profile to be extruded (assuming they should all be the same length and start/finish is the same).
b) Instead of picking the entire Sketch, change your filter to Curve and pick only the elements that you wish to use. This can be repeated as many times as necessary.
Hope this helps
Message 4 of 4
The edit copy external sketch was really helpful as I hadn't known that command was there. I think I'm going to have to go through all the documentation and read it carefully.
I was pretty close but as Chris pointed out, the imported 2-D drawings weren't defined completely, which is why I couldn't extrude them.
- dgn to dwg converter
- mechanical softwares free download
- cad cam software free download
- cad cam download
- how to create fillet in autocad
- free dwf viewer for mac
- 3d cad design
- Free 3d house design software
- how to import autocad file into sketchup 2013
- autocad moving objects
- where do the roll or fold lines go on sheet metal drawings
- mechanical engineering software free download
- zw3d 2013 crack
- mechanical design software free download