Splines Vanish

Subscribe Topic

warren

Message 1 of 3

Splines Vanish
28-01-2005 06:58 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
I've been designing many years in other software and took the leap to VX for my fledgling design business. Lots of features. BUT

SPLINES. Almost all of my work is done in freeform splines of varying degrees. For most of my stuff if it looks good it is good and I don't want to constrain spline points.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??? In sketches after regens etc. splines bounce from place to place of vanish altogether and are un-recoverable. Especially troublesome is trying to contrain and create symmetric splines (like would be used in a cross-section in an automobile). I've been fighting for days trying to figure out patterns of behavior but haven't seen any consistancies, in what I consider, errors.

Am I the only one with problems working with splines.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 2 of 3

29-01-2005 05:29 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi cncsurf

Well, you have got a lot going on there. The VX wireframe commands are very robust and certainly none of the problems you describe should be happening. It is very difficult to advise you over the forum - you need to send your file to your Reseller's Technical Support so that it can be examined.

Robert

Message 3 of 3

07-02-2005 01:08 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi cncsurf,

I'm intrigued... can you post a picture of your splines?

Also, why don't you wanna contrain 'em? It's only an extra mouse click (if you use auto-contrain)

See also
X