CAD/CAM discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > Equation Editor Annoiences

Equation Editor Annoiences

Subscribe Topic

John

Message 1 of 2

Equation Editor Annoiences
16-04-2005 03:34 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
I've been using equations a lot for my sketches, and there are some things that keep bugging me.

1. If I double-click on a value in the sketcher to change the value, and it's defined by an equation, the equation editor pops up and the appropriate equation is very briefly highlighted. But this brief highlighting isn't long enough for me to see which equation was attached to the value. So I have to turn on View Labels, hover over the dimension, see what the name is, then double click on that name in the equation editor.

2. If I have an equation that I've edited and hit the Enter key, it doesn't submit the changes I've made to the equation, which means I lose them.

Here are some suggested changes:

1. If you ask to modify a value that is bound to an equation, automatically place it into the Equation Input area when I ask to edit it's value. That way I don't have to go looking for the right equation.

2. If I hit the Enter key, submit changes in the Equation Input area before closing the dialog.

Thanks,
-- John

ChrisWard2k2

Message 2 of 2

16-04-2005 04:40 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi John

Very good enhancement suggestion, I will raise a PCR (Product Change Request) to that effect. In the mean time, you do not need to switch on labels etc - the equation line to be edited is noted in the message window.
See also
X