CAD/CAM discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > Construction Lines vanish!

Construction Lines vanish!

Subscribe Topic

Paul

Message 1 of 4

Construction Lines vanish!
05-10-2005 09:00 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Is is just me and my aging eyes. I find that construction lines are too thin. One should be able to set the line thickness for construction lines. especailly when using hi res monitors 9like everyone is).

So any chance of being able to easily set a default con line thickness? Config setting somewhere would be fine.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 2 of 4

08-10-2005 02:10 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Paul

The construction lines currently rely on their specific attribs in order to be indentified as such. However, they only need to be "not seen" by the modeller when you have completed your Sketch, so simply use regular line fonting until you are happy with the Sketch, then change them - colour code so you can filter to them easily.

Alternatively, you do not have to define anything as construction, simply use a Trace Profile to tell the modeller what to "see".

Paul

Message 3 of 4

09-10-2005 04:00 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Thanks Chris,
all understood. I read 'currently' as change may be in the wind....

The difficulty arises when you inevitably have to re visit a complex sketch and cannot figure out where the const. lines are.
I have tried a variety of color options but concluded there just are enough pixels used to make much difference.
If there is indeed a change in the wings I'd be happy with that.
Cheers
Paul

ChrisWard2k2

Message 4 of 4

09-10-2005 03:09 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Paul

Here's the trick - choose a unique colour for construction lines, draw regular lines in that colour and convert them to construction when the Sketch is finished. If you need to return to edit the Sketch, you can swap the construction lines back to regular with a Pick All + Filter set to their colour - simple .

A part of the problem may be to do with the resolution of your screen, or possibly it's dot pitch. Certainly I have seen and used VX on a huge variety of machines and never had a problem seeing Construction Lines. I don't think there is any change scheduled in the development pipeline.
See also
X