Message 1 of 3
The one redeeming feature of Think Design's GSM was that it had a draft GSM mode where you define the split surface and say, draft everything away from this. It may well be possible to achieve this in VX but I can't figure out how!
On another note, the more I use these kinds of tools in VX and other apps the more I realise this is the way for a lot of industrial design work. Last week I saw a couple of demos (and tried it myself so they do work) for SensAble Concept modeller and ImpactXoft Styler (which is based on the CATIA generative surfaces module). From a concept point of view this stuff is way ahead of the rest (esp. the CATIA stuff albeit at a price). Being able to start with a base form and push it into shape and add features is the way to go and completely gets rid of the issues with ensuring blends are G2.
VX seems to have a lot of these features built in, so perhaps its just the interface that needs sorting? VX Developers, if you haven't seen the CATIA stuff do take a look at the demos!!
Message 2 of 3
In v11, set your display attrib to zebra strip to quickly review the faces on the fly, or use the face analysis tool set to isophote to specifically check the draft. Split the faces at the split line and lock the faces on one side of it, morph the other side. The morph curve to curve command gives very precise shape changes.
Message 3 of 3
- how to convert text to mtext in autocad
- how to find area of irregular shapes in autocad
- can i change a raster image to a hatch
- autocad 2012 product key
- free cad cam software
- any dwf to dwg converter full
- mechanical design software free download
- mechanical softwares free download
- 3d models of people
- cad free download
- autocad how to change bak file to dwg
- how to convert a bak file to dwg
- 3d cad software kitchen design
- autocad 2012 serial number
- combine two regions in autocad