Message 1 of 3
I know it's not VX's fault per say. Autodesk, well... Sucks.
Sooooo.... Anyone have any tips on opening Inventor 10 iges files?
Message 2 of 3
can you please answer a couple of questions?
1. Are you using VX version 11 or version 10?
2. Direct import or transmagic/cce?
3. (I know you've already tried this but I gotta ask) Have you roundtripped the file?
Message 3 of 3
The output from Inventor is a major problem, I have never seen a really good IGES file from this application (It is not any fun trying to get IGES into Inventor either). Assuming you cannot get your customer/supplier to improve the export (or buy VX):
In the IGES Import dialog:
1) Switch off auto-sew and break trim edges
2) Ensure that the Filter is not going to exclude anything, not even blanked entities
3) Import the IGES data
You now have the Inventor geom in it's purest form. Investigate what you have - is the data layer mangaged? Colour Managed? What is the largest deliberate gap? Are there entity types present that are not needed to progress your work on the project?
Armed with this info, you can re-import at an appropriate tolerance, excluding geom by type/colour that you know you don't need. If the geom is layer managed, you could seperate-out (copy geom to Part) specific layers into different VX Part Objects to make the work easier to handle (or indeed to share the work load with other members of your design office). You may discover that for each "full" surface there is a trimmed face and that they can be seperated by colour or layer.
Instead of trimming and sewing all the untrimmed surfaces, consider reverse engineering the shape, if the majority of the features are rect-linear. You can quickly take ref curves in a Sketch, unlink them to "ordinary" curves and then trim to make a profile for extrude/revolve/sweep.
- can i change a raster image to a hatch
- cad software free download
- 3d design software free download
- drawing angles in autocad
- zwcad 2010 download
- cad cam download
- dwg to plt
- how to recover dwg files after crash
- Free 3d house design software
- 3d vx cad software
- autosave autocad
- 3d cad software kitchen design
- autocad how to change bak file to dwg
- how to open dwg on mobile phone
- combine two regions in autocad