Message 1 of 7
I have the Bottle Closure pdf from VX but I need a guide on designing the thread profiles themselves.
Message 2 of 7
It depends what you are designing for. Beverage PET bottles do have some standards available, as do glass bottles, but things like shampoo bottles or any custom packaging usually have custom thread specifications. Frequently you might have to design a bottle to fit a particular closure, or vice versa. In which case you need to get the specs off the makers of those.
Message 3 of 7
Message 4 of 7
Here are some more ones:
Glass Bottles and finishes:
You can download hundreds of pdf drawings of glass bottle neck finishes and thread details
For all things relating to closures this site has good information (albeit by paying for it)
There is also a standard available:
which can be downloaded from here:
Probably best to get in touch with a specialist designer working in this sectore using VX for the value of these. I think there are a few like that in the UK?
Message 5 of 7
Most of these thread designs are proprietry, companies like Unilever have invested heavily in R & D to define the rules of design - there is a scary amount of design criteria involved and although various bottles are similar, they do differ in detail.
Message 6 of 7
Message 7 of 7
Document "PB-2" (catalog #AU-124) gives the thread specs. I use this all the time.
- autocad block does not explode
- unlock viewport
- how to convert bak file to dwg
- Free 3d house design software
- how to measure area in autocad
- how to open sid file in autocad
- how to find area of irregular shapes in autocad
- autocad moving objects
- how to import autocad file into sketchup 2013
- autocad show the file path
- dwg to plt
- autocad autocomplete command
- how to recover dwg files after crash
- cad 3d models download
- what is the difference between dwg format and dxf format