Exploded views

Subscribe Topic

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 7

Exploded views
02-01-2006 10:59 . am   |   View his/her posts only
There is some rule to assembly components to generate a right explode view?

I am not obtaining a way to explode assemblies correctly

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 7

02-01-2006 12:43 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
To add to Daniel's question; how do you control the degree of 'explosion?' It seems the parts are way too far apart to start off. This required a lot of manual manipulation.

My best for 2006 to all.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 3 of 7

02-01-2006 07:41 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hello Chaps

The Explode command generally does not produce satisfactory results from the outset. It needs to be brought up to date, since our general assembly methods have been greatly changed over the past few releases, but other more pressing issues have delayed work on this particular tool. You can of course use the Explode manipulation tools to re-position exploded components. Another possibility would be to copy the Assembly Object and use the drag/move commands to make an exploded assembly in the copied Object.

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 7

04-01-2006 02:13 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Copy assembly and move.....ok? But, if i assembly the componets with align? How can i move? Erasing the aligns? and if update the assembly? what happens?

ChrisWard2k2

Message 5 of 7

04-01-2006 08:37 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Daniel

It is a workaround, so automatic updating is not an option. To copy the assembly model, export it in vxn format, then import it into a new Part Object. What you then have is an independent Part Object that consists of several seperate model bodies. These objects keep their assembly spatial positioning but do not have any smart alignment data like the original components in the real assembly. Everything is now free to re-position as you require. It's not pretty, but it is something that will help to get the job done if the manual modification of assembly explode positions is judged to be too time consuming.

OldForumPost

Message 6 of 7

05-01-2006 02:48 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Thanks a lot

But, in this way, i not have bill off material

ChrisWard2k2

Message 7 of 7

05-01-2006 04:07 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Daniel

You can have a BOM. Since you can have 2D layout views of more than one object, you can thus apply the BOM to a view of the "real" assembly. You would have to insert balloons on your exploded view manually, but that is not really much extra work because automatic balloons never go where you want them to be, do they?
See also
X