CAD/CAM discussion forum > 3D CAD/CAM > Photorealistic VX?

Photorealistic VX?

Subscribe Topic

Kevin

Message 1 of 4

Photorealistic VX?
19-02-2006 11:27 . am   |   View his/her posts only
I'm a bit confused by the latest VX press release:

http://www.vx.com/printrelease.cfm?PressID=96&LangID=uk

The accompanying images don't give anything away either. Is it saying VX can do photorealistic visuals or is it something else? Is this some new feature or merely saying what we users already know - that it has rendering built in?

Bob, Chris maybe you can explain more. I'd like to get more rendering out of VX but have tried and failed with the interface - I find it much quicker to export to rendering/animation apps and render there.

On that front, what rendering engine does VX use? If it is something like Lightworks can you not change the interface to use the "off the shelf" elements that many other apps use (and so would be familiar to many)?

OldForumPost

Message 2 of 4

19-02-2006 01:32 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
I think they are talking about this:

NEW! Pre-Defined Shaded Face Attributes
=======================================
Quickly add an element of realism to on-screen display of models and assemblies.

This tool is easy to use, each icon is a preview of the colour and attributes, saving time against "trial and error" methods.

The settings are defined using the default VX Shader lighting, so it works "straight out of the box". For best results, use a background image.

Note that this is not a replacement for photo-realistic Rendering. The VX Render Engine requires real-world attributes to be defined, the Shade attributes are not suitable.

Available in the VX Macro Library:
http://files.vx.com/ftproot/vxfiles/Public/macros/VxDal_PreInstall_Compendium.zip

ChrisWard2k2

Message 3 of 4

20-02-2006 01:34 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi All

Just to clarify a bit more. The Shaded Model Environment can be used to give authentic looking objects with carefully chosen face attributes. We have added a bundle of pre-defined face attributes so that you can make your objects look more realistic in the modeller - instantly (and without having to adjust lighting).

On the free downloads page, you can find a User-friendly GUI that makes it even easier to apply the new face attributes, as noted in Clinton's post.

This is a fast and efficient way to produce good images for the web, CD and other multimedia where the recipient/audience will be viewing the image on-screen. It will compliment your photo-realistic rendered images - often rendering will not be necessary, especially in VX v12.

The Rendering tools are being made more User friendly. Some of the work on this will be in v12.

Kevin

Message 4 of 4

20-02-2006 03:44 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Thanks or the feedback. I look forward to 12!
See also
X