Subscribe Topic

george

Message 1 of 5

rest machine
17-05-2006 07:03 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Does anyone else use rest machine to clean out corners? Have you had problems with the rest path cutting deeper than it should?

ChrisWard2k2

Message 2 of 5

17-05-2006 08:40 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi George

That sounds nasty - can you give more specifics please? And what VX version are you running? Can we have your file to check it out?

george

Message 3 of 5

17-05-2006 09:19 . am   |   View his/her posts only
I use offset 3d and referance the tool that finished that impression. It has been in all versions of VX but in forging dies we have been able to get away with it until now that we want to try and get benchless. Maybe I have the wrong techique when tryin to get small corners cleaned up.

OldForumPost

Message 4 of 5

17-05-2006 10:24 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hello John,

Can you please send the file, and the information which version you are using.

Before you send the file please delete all not necessary ...objects, operations and also the tool path... that makes the file much smaller.

Thank you

randy

Message 5 of 5

12-06-2006 08:58 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Dear George,

Some of my mold and die customers tell me that they like using Z Level with a reference tool, they set a small step size and climb cut with enable sprial set on all. Change your lead in and out to horizontal and set after a short link to yes and before a short link to yes, then increase your short link limit to get the 3D cork screw type motions, also set your long link to spline.
This will give a nice climb cutting motion in the corners for picking out with no lift off motions making for efficient rest type machining.
You can then save this info to a template file for the next job!!

Cool!!

See also
X