Subscribe Topic

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 4

Export Sheet
10-10-2006 09:16 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi,

Is there a way to export a drawing sheet to be imported into AutoCAD and have the text appear as it does in VX? When I export the text always gets messed up.
I tried export as DWG and DXF and that doesn't work.
I tried export as IGES and that often boots me out of VX. When it does manage to export the test is not even included in the file when imported into AutoCAD.

Thanks

ChrisWard2k2

Message 2 of 4

10-10-2006 03:15 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hello Steve

Depending on your VX export settings for IGES, the text is very likely to be there but that does not mean that the AutoCad translator will read it in.

Translating to and from AutoCad using their propriety formats (DWG & DXF) can be a struggle too, as you have discovered. However, you have not said which version of VX or AutoCad you are trying to exchange the data with. Let me know this and email me your VX file so that I can investigate. VX should not crash when exporting IGES, that sounds like a serious bug and we want to track it down as soon as possible.

OldForumPost

Message 3 of 4

11-10-2006 09:03 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Chris,

I'm using VX 11.31 and AutoCAD 2000i. I've tried it in AutoCAD 2007 with the same results. Usually I don't have a problem importing into AutoCAD. The problem with VX crashing is inconsistant. It usually happens when trying to export or sava-as a dwg. It hasn't bothered me enough to complain about it so the bigger issue I want to look at now is properly exporting text.

I will send you a file.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Message 4 of 4

17-10-2006 12:17 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Steve, have you tried the True Type text fonts? I would expect these fonts to look the same in VX and AutoCAD.

See also
X