Loading/Running Macros

Subscribe Topic

Mike

Message 1 of 7

Loading/Running Macros
16-10-2006 11:40 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find any hits on "macros" that answered this.

I read in the help that to run macros we need to type $run macro_name. This seems straightforward, only I don't know what the exact name of the macro is that I have downloaded. Specifically I want to use CamTime and FilletRad. I have installed the macros per instructions in the installer, but "$run CamTime" and "$run FilletRad" (without the quotes) give an error. I did find a sample macro, "testmain.vxm" and "$run testmain.vxm" seems to work.

Please help, I'm lost!

Thanks,

Mike Leslie
Falcon Corporation

ChrisWard2k2

Message 2 of 7

16-10-2006 04:11 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hello Mike

I am the author of those programs. First, the bad news - most of the programs available from the downloads library are not compatible with VX v12. They are being updated and will be available during the next few weeks. Good news is that CamTime has been updated - download from this post.

The programs add icons to User Toolbars, so you don't need to type anything, just select the toolbar for display from the User drop-down menu (to the right of the top VX toolbar, near Help). You can leave the User toolbar "floating" or you can dock it.

Mike

Message 3 of 7

16-10-2006 05:22 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
OK, I think I follow you, but it's not happening for me.

I double-clicked on the file in my d: emp directory, hit accept and install, made sure VX is not running and clicked OK. A cmd window popped up briefly. I went into VX, opened a part. I didn't see a user toolbar so I created one. Closed VX and tried the installer again. Still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mike

Tom

Message 4 of 7

01-03-2007 12:37 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi,

I am in the same situation...! Did you solve this in the end?

Tom.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 5 of 7

01-03-2007 05:04 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hello Chaps

The winzip file must be extracted into your VX User Folder, the install will not work from any other folder. So, place the zip in your User Folder and then right-mouse click "extract to here". The file extracted has a VX icon and is called "VxDALAutoInstaller.exe". Double-left click on this to start the install process. Note that VX itself must not be running at the time.

Tom

Message 6 of 7

02-03-2007 04:35 . am   |   View his/her posts only

Originally posted by: ChrisW
Hello Chaps

The winzip file must be extracted into your VX User Folder, the install will not work from any other folder.

This was the key. Managed to get a macro running succesfully now. Thanks Chris!

george

Message 7 of 7

02-03-2007 05:15 . am   |   View his/her posts only
It looks like cam time and fillet rad would be good macros to add to VX to begin with so that the users do not have to wait for new macros when new versions of VX come out.
See also
X