CAD/CAM discussion forum > Other CAD/CAM Technology > Sillouette of surface in drawing view

Sillouette of surface in drawing view

Subscribe Topic

OldForumPost

Message 1 of 5

Sillouette of surface in drawing view
01-04-2007 10:28 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
How do I generate in a drawing view the sillouette of a part which has curved surfaces? I only seem to get the edge curves in the drawing view, not the true sillouette of the part based on that particular view orientation. This makes part drawing views look disjointed, look like separate entities.

Paul

Message 2 of 5

02-04-2007 04:01 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi CoulDes,
I have had lot's of this and it's usually been a ME problem!

I am presuming you mean you can see edges from inside the part outline but no all the outline/sillouette. Presumably this is more of a problem in hidden line view.

Usually this means there is something not quite right with your model integrity. e.g Not fully sewn or some other less obvious issues, intersecting shapes, fillets doing odd things...

VX drawing is quite fussy about the models being good before a complete hidden line display is achieved. In one sense this is annoying because you want a drawing, in another sense it's the acid test of your modelling quality and will alert you to problems that will effect other output, STL, IGEs etc.

I suggest you carefully check to see if you have any suspect things happeing in your model that would not occur if it was a real world object.

Cheers
Paul
V12.8

OldForumPost

Message 3 of 5

02-04-2007 10:46 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Mudcrab,
The model integrity is good, it is in fact the bottle for blow mold taken from VX training folder. The problem I have is the edges of the surfaces do not fall on the "sillouette" profile for a particular view. For any particular view direction I want the sillouette profile of that part, so I get a "true" view of the projected size of the part in the drawing.

ChrisWard2k2

Message 4 of 5

03-04-2007 07:04 . am   |   View his/her posts only
Hello CoulDes

Can you tell me the specific name of the training file, the VX version you are using and the 2D view you have tried please.

Paul

Message 5 of 5

03-04-2007 04:21 . pm   |   View his/her posts only
Hi Coul Des
I wonder if, you need to create some User Views, see the View/Sun Glasses Tab at top of history window, whilst in Model space. These can then be accessed for drawing layouts and should give great sillouettes providing the bottle is OK.

When in the drawing sheet use the Standard View insert then scroll down your View dialogue until you see the one you named. If the model is good, it'll should what you seem to want.

Cheers
See also
X